NCL cancels pearl sailing oct 1

ledodeck01

UPDATE - After I calmed down I wrote Mr. Kalish an email pointing out how disappointing it was that he obviously didn't do any research at all before responding to me. I never expected to hear from him, but today I received an email saying that they had reconsidered my claim and as a gesture of goodwill they are going to reimburse us for the $325.40 we spent on the airfare. I don't know what changed his mind, but maybe when I responded to his letter, it made him take a second look. I have always been treated very, very well by NCL in the past and it is my favorite cruise line. They have redeemed themselves (at least to me) with this reimbursement. It is not the money that makes me happy, it is that they are doing the right thing now. I was always going to cruise with them again because I love cruising with them, but now I can do it without a lingering bad taste. Thank you NCL for reconsidering.

Any ideas for the rest of us that haven't been able to get our flight fees? I have sent in proof that I purchased tickets from LAX back to Vancouver but they want me to re-book something. Not sure what I want to book yet.

I have a similar problem too

Norwegian canceled my Norwegian Gem 10 day cruise around 1/10. A day after i received the email, i called to cancel the booking. the booking was then removed my myNCL account. I never received an official email from NCL that i canceled my cruise. According to the email i received when my cruise was canceled, all booking would of been automatically canceled around 1/22 which is last week. Today its been around 3 weeks since i called to canceled my cruise and a wait when the booking should of been automatically canceled. I am still waiting for my refund. If i do get the refund later this week, i might have to call them up again and see whats going on.

This is so nuts! They cancelled our cruises! We then contacted them to let them know that we wanted our deposit back and officially cancelled the cruise that no longer existed! Then they claim that WE never cancelled the cruise that they cancelled on us! I have been on 10 cruises and my friend that was going with me has been on 40+ cruises and we have never had a situation like this ever! We both know we will never book NCL again! :mad:

UPDATE - After I calmed down I wrote Mr. Kalish an email pointing out how disappointing it was that he obviously didn't do any research at all before responding to me. I never expected to hear from him, but today I received an email saying that they had reconsidered my claim and as a gesture of goodwill they are going to reimburse us for the $325.40 we spent on the airfare. I don't know what changed his mind, but maybe when I responded to his letter, it made him take a second look. I have always been treated very, very well by NCL in the past and it is my favorite cruise line. They have redeemed themselves (at least to me) with this reimbursement. It is not the money that makes me happy, it is that they are doing the right thing now. I was always going to cruise with them again because I love cruising with them, but now I can do it without a lingering bad taste. Thank you NCL for reconsidering.

That is great! The one person that has finally been treated properly! I am glad for you and perhaps they realized that losing a loyal customer was not in their best interest!