NCL Tracy Arm Fiord excursion (Juneau)...have you done it??

toothfary7

We're doing our first cruise to Alaska this summer and trying to make the most out of it. Has anyone done this excursion? Is 8 hrs too long?? Please help me decide. Its between this or a private whale watching tour.

Thanks!!

What ship are you sailing?

When I was on The Jewel last September we sailed as far into Tracy Arm as we could safely go.

Well...it depends on what you want to do. If you want to see the Tracy Arm glacier, do that tour. If you want to see whales, do the whale tour.

Personally, I would do the whale tour since you're doing Glacier Bay anyway and will see glaciers. IMO, the probability of otherwise seeing whales is slim, and even then at a distance.

If this is the one run by Allen Marine Tours (booked through NCL) , I highly recommend it. We all enjoyed it and 8 hours did not seem too long. There is a lot of travel time, but many thing to see along the way. It was my favorite excursion, on several cruises, I have taken; most expensive, too!

The ranger on board and other crew were excellent.There was plenty of time to interact with them and they were very good at answering questions. They have alternative options if TA is not accessible. In 2016, I don't think it was (going all the way in) until July.

We saw a few whales on this excursion and from the ship while sailing.

We're doing our first cruise to Alaska this summer and trying to make the most out of it. Has anyone done this excursion? Is 8 hrs too long?? Please help me decide. Its between this or a private whale watching tour.

Thanks!!