Carnival Vista Main Dining Menu

oceanview72

Hi, we are set to sail in May on the Vista. Does the main dining room menu stay somewhat the same through the year? I'm wondering if there is a Surf and Turf night, or a night they serve Baked Alaska for dessert and what night that may be, or if there is a way to know the menu for the week we are sailing? Just curious, debating on making reservations in some of the onboard restaurants but don't want to miss some particular things in the main dining room.

Yes....I have found the menu maintains many items going back to my cruises on Carnival starting in 2000....For example...There is always sweet/sour shrimp, as a menu choice, on the 1st night of the cruise...lol Always the old stand byes plus they offer 3/4 menu items nightly like steak, chicken, caesar salad, etc. They also have theme meal nights and area specific...where certain seafood is more prominent. Baked Alaska is back on the dessert Menu...I believe for last night or last elegant night. Surf and Turf (Lobster, prime rib,etc) will be offered 1st elegnat night (Day 2)....However there have been reports of great lobster in steak house as well. We loved the VIsta.

I am hoping for some Baked Alaska! Hoping for a good Surf and Turf night, on the RC, I asked for a Surf and Turf, and was brought a whole lobster eyes and everything. I just wanted the tail! I see you mentioned Day 2, do you recall what day the other formal night is? We are going on the 6 day cruise from Miami. We are trying to stick to the main dining room most nights, and make a reservation for Cucina Del Capitano possibly in the middle of the week.

I am hoping for some Baked Alaska! Hoping for a good Surf and Turf night, on the RC, I asked for a Surf and Turf, and was brought a whole lobster eyes and everything. I just wanted the tail! I see you mentioned Day 2, do you recall what day the other formal night is? We are going on the 6 day cruise from Miami. We are trying to stick to the main dining room most nights, and make a reservation for Cucina Del Capitano possibly in the middle of the week.

It will likely be your 2nd to last night