Tamaflu availability on ship

Princess18

I always get a rx from my dr for antibiotics and tamiful when traveling.... esp. when flying.

Being a nurse I pack a emergency kit with otc stuff

Better to be safe than sorry.

Wonder if one gets sick on the ship and order to stay in their cabins if that is covered under travel insurance??

Wash your hands

On our Alaska cruise a few years ago, a respiratory ailment was going around - lots of coughers boarded that cruise. Hubby got sick and went to the medical center and was given a prescription for Tamiflu. The worst part was that at the time I worked for the company that made Tamiflu and had some at home but never thought to bring it. Hubby was confined to our cabin for 3 days and missed an excursion or two. All was ultimately reimbursed by insurance. I brought some Tamiflu with me on our cruise last month.

How is Flu Spread?

Most cough, cold and flu viruses are thought to be passed from person to person by contact with respiratory droplets.

• Contact can occur by direct bodily contact (such as kissing) or touching something with virus on it (such as shaking hands with someone who has the flu) and then touching your mouth, nose or eyes.
  • Respiratory droplets are generated by a person coughing or sneezing and can be propelled right into your eyes, nose or mouth over short distances, probably three to six feet.
  • Adults with flu may be able to infect others beginning one day before getting symptoms and up to one week after getting sick. Children can be infectious even longer, sometimes up to several weeks. That means that you can give someone the flu before you know you're sick as well as after you are feeling better.