Need Ideas been to Cozumel 12 Times

rln122880

Going on a Disney Cruise Feb 11. We have been to Cozumel 12 Times. We usually do shopping and Park Royal for the day. We also aren’t to been beach our kids don’t like the sand . Any ideas on new things to do? How far away in Cancun?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Going on a Disney Cruise Feb 11. We have been to Cozumel 12 Times. We usually do shopping and Park Royal for the day. We also aren’t to been beach our kids don’t like the sand . Any ideas on new things to do? How far away in Cancun?

If you've been to Cozumel 12 times you know it's an island and that Cancun is on the mainland. You'll have to take the ferry to Playa del Carmen before you can head to Cancun. Not sure that is doable without a very, very long day in port. Have you been to Playa del Carmen before?

If you've been to Cozumel 12 times you know it's an island and that Cancun is on the mainland. You'll have to take the ferry to Playa del Carmen before you can head to Cancun. Not sure that is doable without a very, very long day in port. Have you been to Playa del Carmen before?

No sorry that’s what I meant Playa del Carmen. How long does it take to get there? What’s to do there?

****correction meant Playa del Carmen*****

The ferry ride form Cozumel to PDC takes about 45 minutes - bring some sea sickness pills. :eek:

PDC has lots of shopping and nice beaches and restaurants and bars -- pretty much what you will find on Cozumel. :rolleyes:

I would look at hiring a cab for several hours and touring the east side of Cozumel - beautiful scenery and some fun beach bars; the ruins at San Gervasio are small and not as impressive as the Mayan ruins at Tulum, Coba, etc. but might appeal to you (bring some bug spray).

Good luck! :D

COZUMEL

-We enjoyed exploring the cemetery Mansión de Paz in San Miguel, about a mile from the International Pier. It reminds you of New Orleans cemeteries except the crypts are painted in pastels and iguanas are hanging out.

-Visit the MEGA grocery store. Two stories with ramp escalators for shopping carts. Fun seeing all the Mexican products and different versions/flavors of US Products. And the different fruits and vegetables are so colorful.

- JohninDC's above recommendation to visit the East side beaches is a good one. Several bars/restaurant over there with Chen Rio being the most popular. The sea, surf, and rock formations are beautiful over there. I advise against venturing into the surf, rip tides and jagged rocks.

El Cid la Ceiba next to the International Pier offers day passes. Small, quaint, resort with a pool and spa next to the bar. There is no beach and the activities are limited but it is on the water and snorkeling there is good . You can rent paddle boards and snorkel gear at the dive shop next door. Because of the wifi and proximity to the pier, cruise ship crew members like to go there to relax and blow off some steam.

PDC

-There is a nice restaurant and lounge in a cave that is a unique experience. ALUX. But it might only be open evenings.

-Stroll down Calle Quinitana in PDC for shopping and dining. You'll hear many other languages as there a good number of European and Slavic tourists who visit PDC (it is not uncommon to see topless sunbathing on the beach). A section of Calle Quintana is closed to traffic so it makes for a nice walk and to venture off on the side streets.

COZUMEL

-We enjoyed exploring the cemetery Mansión de Paz in San Miguel, about a mile from the International Pier. It reminds you of New Orleans cemeteries except the crypts are painted in pastels and iguanas are hanging out.

-Visit the MEGA grocery store. Two stories with ramp escalators for shopping carts. Fun seeing all the Mexican products and different versions/flavors of US Products. And the different fruits and vegetables are so colorful.

- JohninDC's above recommendation to visit the East side beaches is a good one. Several bars/restaurant over there with Chen Rio being the most popular. The sea, surf, and rock formations are beautiful over there. I advise against venturing into the surf, rip tides and jagged rocks.

El Cid la Ceiba next to the International Pier offers day passes. Small, quaint, resort with a pool and spa next to the bar. There is no beach and the activities are limited but it is on the water and snorkeling there is good . You can rent paddle boards and snorkel gear at the dive shop next door. Because of the wifi and proximity to the pier, cruise ship crew members like to go there to relax and blow off some steam.

PDC

-There is a nice restaurant and lounge in a cave that is a unique experience. ALUX. But it might only be open evenings.

-Stroll down Calle Quinitana in PDC for shopping and dining. You'll hear many other languages as there a good number of European and Slavic tourists who visit PDC (it is not uncommon to see topless sunbathing on the beach). A section of Calle Quintana is closed to traffic so it makes for a nice walk and to venture off on the side streets.

Where is the mega store located to the port? Need to take a taxi?

Hi. I've been in your shoes before, and found myself headed to Cozumel last July - and we hopped on the ferry to PDC. It was a nice day. However, when I found myself headed there again in December, I started looking for something REALLY different to do, and discovered something that turned out to be one of my favorite cruise days ever. If you are up for this sort of thing, may I suggest that you consider visiting the Humane Society of Cozumel Island to volunteer. We took some dogs out for their daily walk, and then met all of the puppies, and got so many sweet puppy snuggles. We also inquired ahead of time as to their needs, and were able to take some small items to donate. We were able to walk there from the Puerta Langosta pier in about 15 minutes, and then back into town (to the intersection by the Harley Davidson and the Carl's Jr.) in about 10 minutes. We still had time to have lunch and relax on the beach for a bit, and then head into San Miguel for some exploring and a drink. I truly can't say enough good things about this organization, and how much remarkable work they do with little resources. The Humane Society can be reached via Facebook or their website. I figured the extra walking equals extra margaritas or chips & salsa, right? Win-win! :D

Hi. I've been in your shoes before, and found myself headed to Cozumel last July - and we hopped on the ferry to PDC. It was a nice day. However, when I found myself headed there again in December, I started looking for something REALLY different to do, and discovered something that turned out to be one of my favorite cruise days ever. If you are up for this sort of thing, may I suggest that you consider visiting the Humane Society of Cozumel Island to volunteer. We took some dogs out for their daily walk, and then met all of the puppies, and got so many sweet puppy snuggles. We also inquired ahead of time as to their needs, and were able to take some small items to donate. We were able to walk there from the Puerta Langosta pier in about 15 minutes, and then back into town (to the intersection by the Harley Davidson and the Carl's Jr.) in about 10 minutes. We still had time to have lunch and relax on the beach for a bit, and then head into San Miguel for some exploring and a drink. I truly can't say enough good things about this organization, and how much remarkable work they do with little resources. The Humane Society can be reached via Facebook or their website. I figured the extra walking equals extra margaritas or chips & salsa, right? Win-win! :D

That is a terrific idea of my autistic daughter wasn’t terrified of dogs! But LOVE the idea we like to volunteer. I make my kids do it several times a year. Just need to find out where Disney ships dock.

That is a terrific idea of my autistic daughter wasn’t terrified of dogs! But LOVE the idea we like to volunteer. I make my kids do it several times a year. Just need to find out where Disney ships dock.

Ah yea, I don't guess that would work, if your daughter is afraid of dogs. :) Perhaps there is another volunteer opportunity? This link should help you determine where your ship will dock: http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Mexico/155-Cozumel/March_2018/ Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a most wonderful day!

I LOVE this idea! I am so glad I stumbled apon this post- my daughter will love to do this on our upcoming cruise in 3 weeks!

Thank you!!!