Hilton Downtown or Hampton Brickell

eagle12901

The Hampton Inn is a much easier walk to shops and restaurants. And offers a decent breakfast if you don't mind serving yourself. Though if you prefer the better soft furnishings and toiletries of the Hilton you may find a package that includes full service breakfast and/or shuttle to the port by booking direct with the property online.

But unless I was attending a performance at the Arsht Center or the AAA I would choose the Brickell neighborhood over the Omni district north of downtown anytime.

I would also go with the Hampton Brickell which is near many stores and restaurants between the relatively new Brickell Centre and Mary Brickell Village. Fun areas. I don't care for the location of the Hilton downtown. The Hampton Inn also includes a happy hour and a nice breakfast.

If you did want a full service hotel I would look at the Conrad Hilton on Brickell which is even closer to the places I mentioned.

Keith

We just stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton- Miami Brickell Downtown. It was GREAT !!! We used uber x from MIA to the hotel at a cost of $19.12. When you walk inside go directly to the elevator to the 6th floor where the hotel lobby is located. We arrived several hours early and asked if they could hold our luggage for us while we did some sight seeing. They said there was no need and put us directly in a room. We walked 2 blocks to the free metro mover platform and did some sight seeing, went to the Bayside Market also. There are tons of restaurants, shopping (including a CVS for toiletries we did not bring in our carry on luggage) all within an easy walking distance to the hotel. They have a very nice breakfast in the morning with many choices. We took an uber x from the hotel to POM in the morning and the cost was $7.84.