Sun Princess - Brisbane - 10 January 2019

Sh0rtShtuff

Hi all

I’m new to the group and I’m new to cruising

My sister and I are taking our mother on a cruise (something Mum has always wanted to do and has never been overseas)

I have a list of silly questions... here goes

Sun princess- Pacific Island cruise

*Formal nights - how formal? Evening gown or cocktail dress? Is the formal dining experience a part of the anytime dining?

*Bringing champagne or wine onboard - I know it’s permitted but are we permitted to bring one bottle per guest? Or per room?

*Are we able to board with bottled water? And how much is the bottled water onboard?

*Buying drinks without having a drinks package- is this allowed or is the drinks package compulsory?

*Are the power points Australian standard and are we able to take a small power board between all of us?

*Is there anything we shouldn’t take? Banned etc.

*Is there anything you recommend we take ?

*** Any other advice welcomed 🙂

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

For all the princess info you will ever need, check out the portion of Cruise Critic devoted to Princess, located here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

Its one bottle of wine or champagne per person, up to 2 per cabin. Beverage package is not compulsory.

Power points are Australian. A power board without circuit breaker is allowed.

You can bring water on board. But there is no need to bring more than one refillable bottle on per person...the water on board is as pure as any bottled water, tastes great, is FREE, and doesn't come with a plastic waste problem.

Yes, dress code applies to Anytime dining. Cocktail dress is fine.

Thank you

I will save the link :)

So the water from the tap in our cabins is drinkable?

We usually travel with our own water bottle ? Or is it safer to buy the spring water onboard?

WIFI - which package is worthwhile?

I wouldn't save the link...I would be over there reading.

Which internet package is worthwhile will depend on your needs, which I don't know. We are on the internet about 20 or so minutes a day. Your needs might be different.

The procedures the ship uses to purify water are far more strigent than most bottled water providers.

The tap water is quite drinkable. That same water is used to clean and prepare your food, served at meals, etc. There aren't multiple sources of water on board.