Which tour in Skagway

JP-Cruise

I’m having such difficulty trying to decide when in Skagway. I’m coming from a princess cruise

I love animals, but I also love mountains and spectacular vistas!

Between the Kroschel wildlife centre and a hike in the white pass, through international falls, up feather peak or mount Cleveland. Here is the link to this hike

http://skagwayexcursion.com/skagway/white-pass-adventure/

In this hike I have the chance of seeing animals (in their natural habitat) such as goden eagles, bald eagles, bears and dall sheep. But of course it’s not guaranteed. In the Kroschel tour, it’s guaranteed to see wildlife, and you get to interact with them, pet some of them and get photo opportunities with them.

Given these points, I’m trying to decide which one would leave more of an impact on me.. any thoughts in helping me decide between these two tours would be wonderful :)

I love animals. Animals are the entire reason I am going to Alaska. I looked into the wildlife center but decided to pass because of the time it would take to get there and back.

I hear ya. On the itinerary on the princess website says It’s a 45 minute ferry ride from Skagway to Haines, then another 45 minute bus ride to the wildlife centre. Spending 2 hours at the wildlife centre. Then the same amount of transport times back. So most of the day is spent in transportation. I might just save this for my next Alaska Adventure I dunno

I cannot help you if this is a once in a lifetime trip to Alaska. You know the type of things you like, and I cannot answer for you.

However, I have been to Alaska once. And while in Skagway, we did the train ride.

We are going back to Alaska in June, and we plan to do the train ride again.

So...if you plan to do this trip more than once in your lifetime, I would suggest you definitely do the train ride one of those times. If that's not the case, then I leave it all up to you.

Regardless of what you choose, I know it will be a great day! Let's just all hope the weather is nice.

I cannot help you if this is a once in a lifetime trip to Alaska. You know the type of things you like, and I cannot answer for you.

However, I have been to Alaska once. And while in Skagway, we did the train ride.

We are going back to Alaska in June, and we plan to do the train ride again.

So...if you plan to do this trip more than once in your lifetime, I would suggest you definitely do the train ride one of those times. If that's not the case, then I leave it all up to you.

Regardless of what you choose, I know it will be a great day! Let's just all hope the weather is nice.

Thank you for your insight. I know, this is why people go to Alaska more than once. Just way too much to see and too many incredible activities! This will be my second trip to Alaska. But will definitely won’t be going back for a while. I rode the train last year while in Skagway and did the Laughton glacier hike. The train ride was indeed spectacular and one of the highlights. I definitely agree that the white pass train is a must! While in Skagway :)