Oasis - What is shown on room televisions

dlh136

Kids will appreciate that, especially with no phones to use. I read there are movies shown on deck or in a theater, but from past daily Cruise Compass schedules I see only one daily movie - is that true. Just trying to find something for a 13 and 15 year old.

There are normally a handful of channels with shows (news, movie, music, TBS), another handful of channels with ship info (ship position, daily activities, "come and see the great deals in *fill-in-the-blank* on deck 5-8), and then most of both sets of those channels you will find in other languages.

The movie channel will rotate through about 8-10 movies and will be on continuous loop. I can't tell you how many times I saw Kung-Fu Panda 1 & 2 on our transatlantic. The good thing is that they are staggered so the same movie isn't playing at the same time every day. But after a few days you might see the same one again. I'd say it's good enough to pass the time as you get ready in the cabin for some other activity elsewhere, but don't expect it to be entertaining for a long stretch.

Luckily, with the pools, mini golf, teen hangout, flow rider, rock climbing, sports court, etc etc, there is plenty to do to keep them out of the cabin.

Hello Everyone. Are you allowed or is it possible to connect a laptop to the tv so that movies can be played? This thread has me wondering.

Plus I will also be on Oasis depArting this Sunday the 11th.

Michael

It is possible to connect to an HDMI port on the TV, however it can be difficult to select that port. The supplied remotes don't have a functional input select. Some have found that channel 3 now selects the HDMI port. Others have used a universal remote to select the HDMI port.