Transfers from Warnemunde to Berlin

idratherbesailing

We are sailing on the Regal in April on a T A out of Fort Lauderdale to Berlin. We are looking for another couple to share a transfer ride with us into Berlin. We are staying at a hotel in Berlin and won't be headed to the airport from the ship. We have found a reputable company that will take us from the pier to our hotel and your hotel via a 4 passenger mini van for the "bargain price" of $474 or $237 US dollars per couple. This is almost $200.00 less than what Princess is charging just to take you to the airport. Let us know if you are interested.

We did this last August. We did a pre tour stay in Berlin and our plan was to take the train. We arrived at the train station an hour early. Found another couple doing the same thing and about eight young people with their bikes and even a small trailer behind the bike. Ten minutes to go and all of a sudden it was packed with people. We had no idea where they all came from in such a short time. The next question was where to stand on the platform to be one of the first on the train - heck - we were the first ones there - we should be the first on!!! Wrong!!!! We picked the wrong spot. To our surprise, the train was completely full and there was no where to sit, let alone get on the train with luggage. I managed to get up to the first level and my husband was just inside the doors. People kept pushing on and it was wall to wallpeople and luggage. The train makes many stops and no one got off for the first 1 1/2 hours and we finally found a seat - (we had to leave our suitcases down one level by a lady,) with 45 minutes to go. I can't imagine a more elderly person than us doing that. We purchased tickets months ahead.

We have traveled all over Europe by train and never experienced anything like that. We took the cruise transfer to the airport after the cruise. Much more relaxing.

I would think it would be less crowded and less expensive going to Berlin from the ship.

Edited by compozer
  • Thanks 1

WE did the port to Berlin on the train and spent the few extra bucks for 1st class on the train, no problem assigned seats and not crowded at all in 1st class. only thing was a German lady was yelling at me to hurry up and put my luggage away so she could get by, if she would have entered the train where she was suppose to of none of that would have happened. Great ride on the high speed train.

Thank you all for your imput. My husband is 80 years young and trying to jockey for the train and making all the connections with our luggage is not really an option. We are really looking for someone to share a transfer in Berlin with us. $447.00 for a mini van that holds 4 people and 4 pieces of standard size luggage. Breaks down to a little over $200.00 per couple US dollars. We are staying in Berlin for a couple of days so no need to head to the airport. The ship's transfers to the airport is almost $400.00 per couple and then you need a transfer to your hotel Which would be another $100.00 plus dollars so the direct shuttle seems the better option. Anyone on our sailing who is interested in sharing please respond to this post.

We are sailing on the Regal in April on a T A out of Fort Lauderdale to Berlin. We are looking for another couple to share a transfer ride with us into Berlin. We are staying at a hotel in Berlin and won't be headed to the airport from the ship. We have found a reputable company that will take us from the pier to our hotel and your hotel via a 4 passenger mini van for the "bargain price" of $474 or $237 US dollars per couple. This is almost $200.00 less than what Princess is charging just to take you to the airport. Let us know if you are interested.

Thank you all for your imput. My husband is 80 years young and trying to jockey for the train and making all the connections with our luggage is not really an option. We are really looking for someone to share a transfer in Berlin with us. $447.00 for a mini van that holds 4 people and 4 pieces of standard size luggage. Breaks down to a little over $200.00 per couple US dollars. We are staying in Berlin for a couple of days so no need to head to the airport. The ship's transfers to the airport is almost $400.00 per couple and then you need a transfer to your hotel Which would be another $100.00 plus dollars so the direct shuttle seems the better option. Anyone on our sailing who is interested in sharing please respond to this post.

This is where you should post your offer. This is the roll call for your sailing.

Good luck and have a Great cruise.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2442908

• 1 year later...

We ended our cruise in Warenmunde back in 2016. We arranged a Berlin tour with SPB tours and then at the end of the tour they drove us right to our hotel. They really were very helpful and handled our luggage too. It was a much better price than even a transfer and worked out very well for us.