Mailing out from the ship

nikblondiew

If I have something I want to mail out from the ship can I do that? I read the policy on Carnival about mailing out. I have a postcard I want to mail out first thing but I want to put it in a 6 x9 envelope rather than just the postcard itself.

Is this something they will allow?

In my experience (we asked) all the cruise line is going to do is put your mail in their outgoing mail pouch....which is typically only offloaded in U.S. ports.

If you give it to the pursur just b4 sailing and they have already taken their mail ashore, it may sit there 'til the end of your cruise when they next take mail ashore.

If you have not fixed proper postage???? Up to the postal service....

We sailed on Celebrity in Northern Europe last year, and they would affix local postage to your postcards and mail locally at all countries that had "quality" postal services, I think for $1 or $2 per card.

We sent ourselves postcards from all 9 countries we visited in the 2 week cruise.

When we got home, there was 1 postcard waiting for us, 4 more came in the next 2-3 weeks, 1 came nearly 2 months later, and the other 3 never arrived.

Nik - It can be iffy. On Carnival, they will allow any mail to be sent, postcards, letters, etc. However, there's no assurance as to when your mail will get to whomever you send it.

At the purser's desk, they sell postage stamps from the islands/countries you will be visiting. IF you purchase the stamps, it will be mailed from that port ($$). If it's after you have visited that port, they won't be mailed from that port until the next time the ship visits there. Clear?

If you mail something to the states with U.S. postage, it will be mailed when the ship docks back in the U.S.

I've sent postcards from the ship, and also from the ports. Never have any of them been rec'd until 3-5 weeks after I was back home.;)

Archived