Chairs and palapas on eagle beach

Sunchaser46

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone? I'd like to know too. From what I've read if you don't get there early you are out of luck for chairs.

I also would like to know where to go on Eagle Beach to rent chairs and umbrellas? Where are there public Facilities? And what time do you need to get there so you can rent the chairs and umbrellas?

I was at Eagle Beach a few days ago (March 7). Arrived around 10 A.M.

The reason I chose Eagle Beach above Palm Beach is the relative quiet and smaller number of people. Going to the north end of the beach near Amsterdam Manor kind of defeats the purpose. There are a large number of palapas and chairs for rent there, but also a large number of people and a bunch of rental jet skis buzzing around in the water.

I found the best place to go is the center of the beach, near Chalet Suisse (if you are taking Arubus this is the bus stop you want).

At the beach there is a small yellow building where you can purchase drinks including beer and some frozen drinks, along with bags of chips. They have a restroom which costs $1 to use. There are also vendors nearby selling chairs, but without umbrellas or palapas. The water is cordoned off to keep the jet skis out of the swimming area.

Here is my tip of the day - but you have to get there early: right next to Chalet Suisse there is a hotel called MVC Eagle Beach. They have palapas and chairs for rent on the beach - they are for hotel guests but they will also rent to visitors not staying at the hotel. You have to get there early. Don't go to the hotel, which is across the street from the beach. Just go to the beach and find the guy in charge of MVC rentals. He will set you up. The cost is $10 per chair and includes the use of a palapa. You will also get to use the bathroom across the street at the hotel for free and have access to the restaurant and bar where you can order food and drinks to consume on-site or take back to the beach. The frozen drinks are great and they cost about $7.50 each. You will also get the password for the hotel's wi-fi, which works better at the hotel than across the street at the beach.

Later in the afternoon more people will arrive. Some island tours drop people here at the beach after the tour is finished.

As I mentioned you can take Arubus to get here, or take a taxi and ask to be dropped off at Eagle Beach across the street from Chalet Suisse. There is an area at the beach where vehicles can drop off and pick up passengers.