Celebrity's Post Excursion Tour of NYC to EWR

Saturngrl

I booked us through the Celebrity website for the Cape Liberty to NYC tour to EWR to help us spend time before our flight home. Has anyone done this tour? Hints for a fun four hours on this tour?

We did this tour last year as our flight didn't leave until 5:00 and I didn't want to sit around the airport all day. I was pleasantly surprised (I wasn't expecting much). We saw most of the main sights in Manhattan and got some free time at the 9/11 memorial, which was stunning and sobering. The guide recommended a pizza shop for anyone who wanted to try some authentic NY pizza. We made a few stops for photos, and the guide was very informative and knowledgeable about the city. I would definitely recommend if you have a later flight. Definitely beats sitting at the airport!

Yes, our return out of EWR was at 9 pm end of September. We booked NYC tour on board, after hearing at shorex talk that EWR bus had limited seat availability. ( Buses were EWR OR jfk) Tour included stop at 9/11 site; nice urban bus tour. Excellent guide, who was likely an aspiring actress or comedy club headliner. Big parade in nyc that day, so traffic was horrendous and we did not have a food stop. Bring water (from ship) and some kind of snack just in case. Figured cost of tour wasn’t too much xtra than transfer, plus, better than spending day in ual lounge-day pass passengers only had one lounge available. Bus delivered us in time for flight; EWR was a jumble, lines were long and disorganized. We were rather aghast that after driver and guide spent long day herding us around nyc, not easy, just a handful tipped these hard working people. Definitely recommend. Best option for late departures from EWR or jfk .....can’t recall lga. Only other problem was whole bunch of coughers on our bus, never heard them during 2 weeks on ship. Needless to say, we too ended up with the dreaded cruise cough in a couple days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What did they do with your luggage? We need to occupy our time before flight but don't want to deal with luggage.

Your luggage is loaded into the hold of the bus, so it stays with the bus until you get dropped at the airport. This is why its important to tell the driver which airline you are flying with, so they can load it in the right order to drop everyone at different terminals efficiently. We've done these sorts of tours in both NY and Ft Lauderdale and they are a good way of killing time...better than sitting in an airport for hours!!

Simon