Denali flight with glacier landing

JP-Cruise

So my only option if I want to do the Denali flightseeing with glacier landing. The only company I can go with is fly Denali inc. Since I will be staying at the Denali princess wildness lodge.

Here is what I am wondering, maybe someone can answer this. I was looking at the excursions on the cruise personalizer. They offer a “Denali flightseeing with glacier landing” tour. But the description does not say whether it will land on Ruth glacier or the name of any glacier. The description is vague. Plus the time is too late I think, departs at 6pm.

If I go with fly Denali inc, the will pick me up at the lodge at 2:30, for a 3:15 take off. Sounds better don’t you guys think?

Here’s my big dilemma. I am currently booked on the Denali summit flight. I booked it months ago. Do you guys think I should ditch the summit flight and go with the glacier landing?

For everyone who has done the glacier landing tour, is there a good chance I will see the Denali peaks from the landing spot?

The Denali peak spends most of the time in the clouds so seeing it from its base is a lucky event.

I was on the Fly Denali flight June 2017 and the van picked us up at the McKinley Lodge Office. We circled the summit twice to let everyone get pictures above the clouds. There were six possible landing spots that are determined by weather. The flight included a nice tour of the glaciers and area. Narration, with lots of humor by the pilot and copilot, was very good. Unfortunately, we were not able to land due to clouds at each landing zone and so each passenger was given a $50 refund when we returned to the airport.

Overshoes and a safety vest were provided for the glacier landing. The passenger seating is extremely cramped and the leg stretching opportunity at the end of the flight was much appreciated.

Here is a link to my photos of the flight portion:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/place/alaska-2/denali/fly-denali/

Aerial view of the park:

P6137135-2-Edit.jpg

So my only option if I want to do the Denali flightseeing with glacier landing. The only company I can go with is fly Denali inc. Since I will be staying at the Denali princess wildness lodge.

Here is what I am wondering, maybe someone can answer this. I was looking at the excursions on the cruise personalizer. They offer a “Denali flightseeing with glacier landing” tour. But the description does not say whether it will land on Ruth glacier or the name of any glacier. The description is vague. Plus the time is too late I think, departs at 6pm.

If I go with fly Denali inc, the will pick me up at the lodge at 2:30, for a 3:15 take off. Sounds better don’t you guys think?

Here’s my big dilemma. I am currently booked on the Denali summit flight. I booked it months ago. Do you guys think I should ditch the summit flight and go with the glacier landing?

For everyone who has done the glacier landing tour, is there a good chance I will see the Denali peaks from the landing spot?

It is not likely any peak views of Denali unless you do a summit flight. Those are always my preference. I've done the ski plane glacier landings, which was unique for the flying experience, about it for me. But- if seeing the top of Denali is your priority, then I'd suggest you consider the summit flight.

The Denali peak spends most of the time in the clouds so seeing it from its base is a lucky event.

I was on the Fly Denali flight June 2017 and the van picked us up at the McKinley Lodge Office. We circled the summit twice to let everyone get pictures above the clouds. There were six possible landing spots that are determined by weather. The flight included a nice tour of the glaciers and area. Narration, with lots of humor by the pilot and copilot, was very good. Unfortunately, we were not able to land due to clouds at each landing zone and so each passenger was given a $50 refund when we returned to the airport.

Overshoes and a safety vest were provided for the glacier landing. The passenger seating is extremely cramped and the leg stretching opportunity at the end of the flight was much appreciated.

Here is a link to my photos of the flight portion:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/place/alaska-2/denali/fly-denali/

Aerial view of the park:

P6137135-2-Edit.jpg

How did you fly out of Talkeetna when this company operates out of Denali?

How did you fly out of Talkeetna when this company operates out of Denali?

Talkeetna???

My only experience with Talkeetna was a short train stop. Fly Denali flies out of the Healey Airport about 11 miles from the McKinley Lodge.

Pilots bragged about being an international airport since they once flew to Canada

Talkeetna???

My only experience with Talkeetna was a short train stop. Fly Denali flies out of the Healey Airport about 11 miles from the McKinley Lodge.

Pilots bragged about being an international airport since they once flew to Canada

You mean the McKinley Chalet? Just need to be clear since the Princess McKinley Lodge is different. Has been some location mishaps in posts.

You mean the McKinley Chalet? Just need to be clear since the Princess McKinley Lodge is different. Has been some location mishaps in posts.

Budget queen when you did the glacier landing, was it on Ruth glacier? And did you enjoy it?