Ketchikan Princess Light Houses Excursion

Maine76

On our very first cruise up here, before we started doing independent touring - I'd agree that it wasn't bad, but it was still the worst Alaskan tour choice we've ever made. Just kinda meh - there are definitely more exciting options, so unless you're a repeat visitor who's already done everything else and want to do a new tour I'd personally consider this a low priority. Eagles are ten a penny across the region, and none of the lighthouses were particularly spectacular in design or location, so while it delivers what it promises we just felt that we could have spent the time much more productively.

I wouldn't recommend this tour. It was kind of boring. It is easy to see eagles in Alaska with out this, a tour to Totem Bight (or Saxman Village) would allow you to see the totem poles closer up and the lighthouse is just ok. I hear if you are outside when the ship sails (either coming or going - I don't remember) - you will see the light house. Someone I was with thought the dip served was the best part of the trip.