WiFi on Explorer???

tiger13

Can any one tell me if they have WiFi on the Explorer? Do they have it in the rooms or just on a certain deck? I realize they have set ups where you can pay $100 for unlimited internet use in your room, but I want to know if they have it for wireless laptop use in other areas of the ship besides your cabin, anyone who has been on this, please respond.

Last time I brought my own laptop and tried to connect thru the room hook up it was horribly slow dial up and we were never able to get it working. I have been on several other ships/lines where they have wireless avaialbe on certain decks that work well as long as you stay in those areas, hoping Explorer has the same.

Thank you for any and all help

Tiger13

Yes, I just got off Explorer and they do have wi-fi available. I had my laptop with wireless card and was able to get it (low to medium connection in my cabin on Deck 7 or excellent connection on several different places on the ship. You can pay 50 cents per minute or buy a package of minutes. It worked pretty well. I got to internet fine, I had some trouble with my work VPN but straight internet was fine. Not fast speed like internet at home but faster than dial up I thought.

do you know if they offered the package which was $100 for umlimited minutes? Other couple travelling with us has an ill family member they need to keep tabs on. It would be nice to pay a flat fee rather than worrying about how many minutes you have. I have bought this package before on other cruises but had the portable set up in the room which was so slow. I wondered if the laptop/wi-fi has the same package available.

Thanks

Archived