Harmony of the Seas - Sailing with Teens room question

Our family will be sailing, in April, on HOTS. When I originally booked our reservations, I was unable to put both teens in their own room. So, my husband and I split between both rooms in order to book. We have a balcony and inside stateroom reserved. They are on the same deck and on the same side of the ship. Our balcony stateroom is between both bump outs on the port side and the inside cabin is right-center at the forward section of the ship. Once on board, we wanted to officially switch up the room assignments so that my husband was in the balcony room and our teens were together in the inside cabin. Has anyone else done this? :)

Our family will be sailing, in April, on HOTS. When I originally booked our reservations, I was unable to put both teens in their own room. So, my husband and I split between both rooms in order to book. We have a balcony and inside stateroom reserved. They are on the same deck and on the same side of the ship. Our balcony stateroom is between both bump outs on the port side and the inside cabin is right-center at the forward section of the ship. Once on board, we wanted to officially switch up the room assignments so that my husband was in the balcony room and our teens were together in the inside cabin. Has anyone else done this? :)

They do not want teens by themselves. You will probably also be in different muster stations.

It's done all the time.... (and it reads as if the parents want to be in the balcony with the teens in the inside cabin)...just go to customer service and get the correct keys for everyone. Not a problem at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar situation and was hoping you guys can give me some insight. I will be sailing with my Fiance, her 8 year old son and my Fiance's 15 year old little sister. I want to book adjoining cabins and once boarded the adults in one cabin and the kids in the other. Is this possible? Is it as easy as going to customer service and getting new room keys? I'm prepared to get notarized letters of consent for the sister and from the boys father and realize one cabin would have to be me and the sister and the other cabin my fiance and her son. But can this be changed once on board?

I have a similar situation and was hoping you guys can give me some insight. I will be sailing with my Fiance, her 8 year old son and my Fiance's 15 year old little sister. I want to book adjoining cabins and once boarded the adults in one cabin and the kids in the other. Is this possible? Is it as easy as going to customer service and getting new room keys? I'm prepared to get notarized letters of consent for the sister and from the boys father and realize one cabin would have to be me and the sister and the other cabin my fiance and her son. But can this be changed once on board?

Adjoining cabins = all problems solved.

You should be able to get extra keys easily. Just pop down to guest services.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Adjoining cabins = all problems solved.

You should be able to get extra keys easily. Just pop down to guest services.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Right. So they won't have an issue with two kids aged 8 and 15 in a room?

Right. So they won't have an issue with two kids aged 8 and 15 in a room?

You can actually book it this way. Some TAs won't do it because they have to call RC but it is very simple. Then there is no need to get extra keys.

You can have the kids in their own room if adjoining, connecting or directly across from the adult room. I've booked all 3 ways for my kids.

You can actually book it this way. Some TAs won't do it because they have to call RC but it is very simple. Then there is no need to get extra keys.

You can have the kids in their own room if adjoining, connecting or directly across from the adult room. I've booked all 3 ways for my kids.

I get what your saying. However, does this apply when the 15 year old girl is not with her parents. She is the younger sister of my fiance.

I booked adjoining Central Park balcony rooms for our cruise on the Harmony next month. I booked me and my 14 year old daughter in one cabin and my husband and 8 year old daughter in the adjoining cabin. The plan is to have the two girls in one cabin and my husband and I in the other. We will just get the room keys fixed up when we get on board.

I booked two rooms through my travel agent last year on Harmony, one balcony and one Boardwalk balcony that were diagonal from each other across the hall. Our TA originally said Royal's policy was as long as you could open your door and "shake hands" across the hall, the rooms were close enough (not sure where he got this from).

Anyway, he was able to book the rooms this way and I went through the process of booking excursions, soda packages etc. for each room. Then about two weeks before sailing, I checked my booking and saw that my one son had been moved with me into the balcony room, and my wife had been moved to the other room with my other son (their ages were 18 and 15 at the time). I called my TA and he said that Royal changed their policy and that rooms with kids (under 21) had to be next to each other or directly across the hall.

What really got screwed up was that the excursions and soda packages I booked for the boys did not stay with them...they stayed with the cabin. This meant my wife was booked on the Labadee Zipline (which she did NOT want) and she also had a soda package (that she also did not want). Once I got on board, I went to Guest Services and they moved the boys back into their room without question and straightened out the drink package and excursion...I just had to wait at Guest Services for quite a bit while they got all this done. Now if our rooms had been further apart...I'm not sure if they would have done this or not.