Cabin selection deck 9 vs deck 10

We are booked on 9 night canada new england cruise on Anthem, and currently have cabin 9612 JS, Starboard side. I heard that when we sail out of NYC we may see more from Port side, and there is a deck 10 JS available 10214, my only concern is it has cabins opposite it, (interior) whereas the deck 9 cabin appears to have nothing, would we experience more noise and disturbance if we switch, and are there any other factors I am missing? (Other than this is clearly not a huge problem as we are lucky to be cruising!) Both are fairly mid ship and look like good decks. Do RCCL charge to switch in same category? We only booked last week.

We are booked on 9 night canada new england cruise on Anthem, and currently have cabin 9612 JS, Starboard side. I heard that when we sail out of NYC we may see more from Port side, and there is a deck 10 JS available 10214, my only concern is it has cabins opposite it, (interior) whereas the deck 9 cabin appears to have nothing, would we experience more noise and disturbance if we switch, and are there any other factors I am missing? (Other than this is clearly not a huge problem as we are lucky to be cruising!) Both are fairly mid ship and look like good decks. Do RCCL charge to switch in same category? We only booked last week.

UK booking rules are harsh in that regard: you can't just change things as easily as you can with a North American booking. Contact whoever booked your cruise and find out for sure.

But both Deck 9 and Deck 10 are fine, and I wouldn't favor one over the other.

Thanks was looking more for opinions on whether it is better to have no cabins opposite ours, or if portside is better location than starboard etc (i.e. smoking?) , rather than the cost to change at this stage. I haven't sailed this type of ship before. When it shows 'nothing' opposite cabin, is it a service corridor or just empty space?