Buying advanced tickets for precruise day in Barcelona

jacksmycat

This will be my first trip to Europe. I'm going on a Carnival cruise out of Barcelona in April. We will be arriving at 7:15am on Saturday, the day before the cruise. I didn't know how long it would take to get out of the airport and to our hotel. We are staying at the H10 Casa Mimosa, which is near La Pedrera. I have written them and they will hold our luggage if we are not able to check in that early. I have decided that I want to go to Sagrada Familia and Park Guell. I went ahead and bought tickets for Sagrada Familia online for 12:00. I thought that would give us plenty of time to get there. Afterwards, I would like to go straight to Park Guell. I want to buy advanced tickets to tour the Monumental Zone.

Their website says the Nature Square is being renovated. Are their still plenty of things to see that would make the ticket worth it?

Also, if we tour the Sagrada Familia at noon, what would be the best time to buy tickets for Park Guell? Is 4 a good time? Earlier or later?

Thanks for any suggestions. We will most likely use a taxi to get to the hotel. We plan to use the Metro to Sagrada Familia as there is a stop close to our hotel, but would welcome suggestions if there is a better form of transportation to get to these places. I believe we will also have to take a bus to Park Guell from the Metro station.

I can't help you with the question but wanted to give you some advice.

If the hotel room is not ready I would place your passports in a hotel safe that should be located behind the hotel desk and any other valuables you have. I wouldn't want to be carrying them around while you are exploring Barcelona.

Keith

Since you say that this is your first trip to Europe my question is this. Have you ever experienced jet lag? The reason I ask is that I think it's good that you want to go see La Sagrada Familia on the day of your arrival. You will probably need at least 2 hrs to see what the Basilica has to offer and to absorb everything you see and hear. However, I would do Park Guell the following morning before you leave for the port unless you have something else planned. I have done both on the same day, but not on the day of arrival from the U.S. Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure you will have a great time.

P.S. The Monumental Zone was excellent!

• 3 months later...
This will be my first trip to Europe. I'm going on a Carnival cruise out of Barcelona in April. We will be arriving at 7:15am on Saturday, the day before the cruise. I didn't know how long it would take to get out of the airport and to our hotel. We are staying at the H10 Casa Mimosa, which is near La Pedrera. I have written them and they will hold our luggage if we are not able to check in that early. I have decided that I want to go to Sagrada Familia and Park Guell. I went ahead and bought tickets for Sagrada Familia online for 12:00. I thought that would give us plenty of time to get there. Afterwards, I would like to go straight to Park Guell. I want to buy advanced tickets to tour the Monumental Zone.

Their website says the Nature Square is being renovated. Are their still plenty of things to see that would make the ticket worth it?

Also, if we tour the Sagrada Familia at noon, what would be the best time to buy tickets for Park Guell? Is 4 a good time? Earlier or later?

Thanks for any suggestions. We will most likely use a taxi to get to the hotel. We plan to use the Metro to Sagrada Familia as there is a stop close to our hotel, but would welcome suggestions if there is a better form of transportation to get to these places. I believe we will also have to take a bus to Park Guell from the Metro station.

Can you please tell me about your stay at H10 Casa Mimosa? We are thinking of staying there and can't find very many reviews. thanks

Can you please tell me about your stay at H10 Casa Mimosa? We are thinking of staying there and can't find very many reviews. thanks

We enjoyed our stay at Casa Mimosa. It is very clean and the staff were very friendly. They all spoke English well. If you become a club member on their website you get 5% off your stay.

When we arrived someone labeled our luggage and put it in a locked room. They gave us a map of the city and we were on our way. When we returned, someone insisted on bringing our luggage up to our room for us. The room was small but very clean and new. We had complimentary bottles of water and sangria in our room along with a toiletry kit for our use. We had a nice little balcony too. There was a rooftop pool and bar that had a nice view of the roof on La Pedrera.

There was a restuarant, but it was quite expensive. However there was a nice little bakery/deli next door that was very affordable. We ate there for dinner and breakfast.

They scheduled a taxi for us the next morning to take us to our cruise ship. I would stay there again. They had great customer service.

We enjoyed our stay at Casa Mimosa. It is very clean and the staff were very friendly. They all spoke English well. If you become a club member on their website you get 5% off your stay.

When we arrived someone labeled our luggage and put it in a locked room. They gave us a map of the city and we were on our way. When we returned, someone insisted on bringing our luggage up to our room for us. The room was small but very clean and new. We had complimentary bottles of water and sangria in our room along with a toiletry kit for our use. We had a nice little balcony too. There was a rooftop pool and bar that had a nice view of the roof on La Pedrera.

There was a restuarant, but it was quite expensive. However there was a nice little bakery/deli next door that was very affordable. We ate there for dinner and breakfast.

They scheduled a taxi for us the next morning to take us to our cruise ship. I would stay there again. They had great customer service.

Thank you for your help!!! Sounds great and we loved the location!