2012 Next Cruise Certificate Rules on Deposits & Ref/NR Rates

I have a Next Cruise Certificate I purchased in 2012 for $100 down for one person. We’ve done this numerous times.

When redeemed we would pay an additional $100 down for spouse & receive $100 OBC for a 7 night sailing. Then no other payment would be required until final payment date.

I called C&A yesterday to verify it had not been used, that the OBC would be $100 and that the only other deposit required would be $100.

After confirming dates with my husband I called back thru C&A to make a reservation using said NCC for a October 2019 Liberty cruise that I found a great deal on a J/S on the hump for $2144 total including taxes & fees for a non refundable deposit.

When it came time for the additional payment I was informed if I wish to have the non refundable rate I must pay $400 additional to make up the $500 down payment.

I explained about the certificate, already talking to C&A to confirm that conditions effective when purchased in 2012 would apply.

Next I was informed if I wanted the 2012 conditions to apply I had to use the Refundable rate which increased the price of the cruise more than $300.

I balked, she put me on hold, talked to a supervisor, came back and said basically that’s the way it is. Take it or leave it. She offered to let me speak to supervisor and I held quite a few minutes then she came back and said it would be a while. She would have them call me back if there was anything they could do.

As expected I never received a call.

I am not willing to tie up an extra $300 for a year & a half to get the same rate when they’ve already had my $100 from the purchase of the NCC for the last 6 years.

I also have 3 other cruises booked that they are holding full deposits on.

Am I incorrect that according to terms (there was no such thing as RR/NRR at the time) they should accept $100 down on the Non-Refundable rate? If I cancel they are keeping that $ as well.

I’d really like to book this cruise. Probably should just call back and hope to get someone else that tells me something totally different.

Any one else encountered this with a NCC? This is the last one we purchased as they are virtually worthless now.

Cindy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your replies. I had no idea this was the case. Like I said this is the last one so no worries in the future. Guess I’ll either bite the bullet and put the full amount down or just keep holding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk