Thinking about Galaxy, will I like it?

Hflors

DH and I have cruised on RCCL, HAL, NCL and princess. My next cruise is a girls cruise in march on Rccl's Explorer. For our 35 th anniversery we are looking a Galaxy for Jan 2007. Just interested in a couple of things. How does Galaxy measure up to say Rccl's Explorer or is it more like Hal's Veendam? It's a ten day cruise starting Jan 2 and leaving from San Juan. Will there be many children? Is the food really superior to Hal? What activities are available during the day? Any info will be appreciated.

My humble (but totally accurate) opinion:

Food: HAL the food is prepared to not offend the older palette.

Celebrity, the food is prepared to taste good

Entertainment: HAL the entertainment is designed to help you get ready to sleep

Celebrity, the entertainment is designed for your enjoyment

Service: Pretty darn good on both

Pool side: grat place to sleep on HAL, there is very little pool side activity and almost no pool side band music.

Celebrity: a good mix of activities

Bingo: The life blood of HAL. The announcements are designed to wake the dead (heck if the dead can vote in Chicago, why not have them play bingo on HAL)

Just returned from Galaxy's 12 night Panama Canal.

We had sailed Summit in May which is a larger ship, however, Galaxy was incredible....we loved it.

Found the food much better than Summit, service outstanding, entertainment, top notch.

You will love Galaxy!

My humble (but totally accurate) opinion:

Food: HAL the food is prepared to not offend the older palette.

Celebrity, the food is prepared to taste good

Bingo: The life blood of HAL. The announcements are designed to wake the dead (heck if the dead can vote in Chicago, why not have them play bingo on HAL)

Jim, are you being kind!! The food wouldn't offend anyone??...to offend it must have taste...it has NO TASTE, WHAT SO EVER!!! I'd never seen veggies boiled to the point of becoming pulp, until that cruise.

Oh yes...Galaxy is a great ship with great crew...Horizon was better, but...(sigh).

As far as announcements...I was considering a collection to pay for a hitman to take out "BINGO BOB"!!! Why does this man hate that I like an afternoon nap, just 20 minutes, and why is he constantly YELLING AT ME!!!

I will agree with you on the rest...HAL is a good product...just not what I want in a cruise.

Archived