Colosseum Underground Ticket Question

lifeasme123

We are considering the Underground Tour from the Official Colosseum website: https://www.coopculture.it/en/events.cfm?id=6

I am confused and hope someone has taken this tour, I have emailed the Colosseum, but have yet to get a response.

1. We would like a guided tour of the underground. I am not sure which one to get. Is this guided tour an audio guide?

Full entrance ticket € 12,00 + guided tour € 15,00. Does this mean the total cost is 27e? Or is it 12c + 3e for a total of 15e?

Accredited guide ticket + guided tour € 15,00. What is an accredited guide ticket?

2. Just wondering if we should also book the Belvedere in addition to the Underground?

3. Will we need to purchase the regular Colosseum ticket as well?

Thank you!

Edited by lifeasme123

What they are saying is this:

If you are an individual (Joe Q Public) wanting to get the guided tour, you would go through Coopculture and order BOTH a full-entrance ticket to the Colosseum (12 euro) AND the guided tour ticket (15 euro), for a total of 27 euro per person.

If you are an accredited guide accompanying Joe Q Public -- let's say for example you already arranged for a private guide for the day, then your guide would not have to pay for his or her own admission ticket into the Colosseum, as all accredited guides are entitled to free admission. But it looks like they want him or her to still request the (gratis) accredited guide ticket PLUS they would still have to pay the 15 euro portion for the guided tour.

Regarding the Belvedere, that's up to you....

Thanks cruisemom42.

I have a stupid follow up question: any chance you know the guided tour is with a person or it is an audio guided tour?

I'm fairly certain it is a guided tour with a person. If it was an audioguide I think they would say so....they use the term "audioguide" elsewhere.

But if you want confirmation, call the number listed. I've called them before and they are very helpful and informative. In fact, just call when you want to make your reservations.

I'm fairly certain it is a guided tour with a person. If it was an audioguide I think they would say so....they use the term "audioguide" elsewhere.

But if you want confirmation, call the number listed. I've called them before and they are very helpful and informative. In fact, just call when you want to make your reservations.

We did this tour a couple years ago, I can’t believe it has been that long. [emoji4]It is a real person and it was an amazing tour. Really a highlight of Rome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't realize how quickly the tours sell out. I tried to purchase it 3 days after the tickets were available online and were unable to. I emailed the Colosseum to ask if these tickets are available in person. It's been a week and still no response from them. I am in the US and are unable to call them.

Would anyone know if the Underground Tour tickets are available at the site and we just need to stand in line? Or should I go ahead and purchase the regular tickets.

I didn't realize how quickly the tours sell out. I tried to purchase it 3 days after the tickets were available online and were unable to. I emailed the Colosseum to ask if these tickets are available in person. It's been a week and still no response from them. I am in the US and are unable to call them.

Would anyone know if the Underground Tour tickets are available at the site and we just need to stand in line? Or should I go ahead and purchase the regular tickets.

The tours sell out very quickly through the official portal. Not helped by many agencies buying up extra tickets to re-sell.

If you have your heart set on doing the lower level, then you probably will have to look at booking a tour through one of the resellers (I don't know the names off the top of my head but several have been mentioned here in posts.)

(And of course your can call Italy from the US.....:cool:)

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get (1) ticket for the Underground tour via Colosseum website. The tour time is 1305.

Question: Can I get the ticket earlier in the day and tour Colosseum and then come back for the underground tour at 13:05? Curious of anyone has personally done this. I have sent many emails to the Colosseum but have not received any responses.

TIA!

Edited by lifeasme123

• 3 weeks later...

I would plan my time for after the underground tour not before. The guide will also take you to all the levels not just below ground. They are a live an in person guide, we have done this tour twice, once was not a complete tour in 2011 because the lower levels were closed due to the flooding that occurred. Due to that they actually refunded the pass price we had purchased for the Coliseum and just charged for the guide, but we were still able to use the pass for the 3 days, nice touch. We went back and did the tour again and were able to see all areas, it is so much nicer to walk around the Coliseum after the tour with much more knowledge. Just my 2 cents worth, you can then stay as long as you wish.