How Far In Advance To Book Entertainment???

My wife and I are going on Harmony of the Seas in October and we’re wondering how far in advance do the entertainment reservations open up usually?

Also any tips about the oasis class ships is much appreciated, it will be our first time on this class as well as this cruise line!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What type of cabin are you in? That will help with any tips for the ship.

As for entertainment, when we were on Oasis last year the bookings opened up about 90 days out. That is extremely variable, but at least an idea of the time frame. Also if you're going to do My Time Dining, reservations opened up earlier than entertainment. I would suggest My Time Dining on Oasis class as the entertainment schedule is all over the map and dining times need adjusting.

As for other tips, sign all your waivers on line to expedited things like the zip line, etc.

You can take 2 bottles of wine on board for your stateroom. They say there is a corkage fee if you take it to the Main Dining Room, but I've never been charged. Just open it before you go. Be aware that the charge exists though in case you get hit with it. Also if you need a corkscrew your Cabin Attendant will bring one.

If you're planning Drink Packages, they are usually cheaper on line. Watch your Daily Planner for sales. Remember, if you buy one and the price drops you can cancel it and repurchase.

What type of cabin are you in? That will help with any tips for the ship.

As for entertainment, when we were on Oasis last year the bookings opened up about 90 days out. That is extremely variable, but at least an idea of the time frame. Also if you're going to do My Time Dining, reservations opened up earlier than entertainment. I would suggest My Time Dining on Oasis class as the entertainment schedule is all over the map and dining times need adjusting.

As for other tips, sign all your waivers on line to expedited things like the zip line, etc.

You can take 2 bottles of wine on board for your stateroom. They say there is a corkage fee if you take it to the Main Dining Room, but I've never been charged. Just open it before you go. Be aware that the charge exists though in case you get hit with it. Also if you need a corkscrew your Cabin Attendant will bring one.

If you're planning Drink Packages, they are usually cheaper on line. Watch your Daily Planner for sales. Remember, if you buy one and the price drops you can cancel it and repurchase.

We are in a boardwalk balcony cabin, have set time dining, one thing I’d really like to know is how to enter on our reservation that I have a severe shellfish allergy. That and any advice! I appreciate the advice you’ve already given!!! We are so excited

I saw mention of April 16 for booking shows & what not.

We’ve had shows open for booking 6 months in advance and we’ve had shows open with less than 3 months. I’ve yet to see any specific dates posted as to when shows are going to open. If there have been I’m guessing that it’s from a third party that is using 90 days prior to sailing and that it’s not a date that Royal has provided.

We are in a boardwalk balcony cabin, have set time dining, one thing I’d really like to know is how to enter on our reservation that I have a severe shellfish allergy. That and any advice! I appreciate the advice you’ve already given!!! We are so excited

M y son also has a severe shellfish allergy. You have to notify them. There is a special needs department, Give them a call and they can walk you through it. Also make sure you tell your servers in the dining room. We have had the boardwalk balcony thee times. We loved it

I just kept checking the cruise planner. Part of the excitement and build up. Booked as soon as they were available. For me this was after we made full payment so within 3 months of the cruise.

It does require a little bit of planning on this type of ship. As you are on fixed dinning, I would plan your evenings around this. We spread the show bookings out so that there was something planned for each evening. You can join standby lines so don't feel obliged to stick to your bookings.