Dining with 3yr old on Princess

dwsurfin

Can anyone help a cruise parent newbie with best plan on eating with 3yo and then dining ourselves. We are on Sapphire Feb 11 sailing and PC dining. I see kids club closed 5-7pm so I assume we eat take 3yo to buffett then and she eats then we droip her off at pm and eat ourselves but I see on PC you can't book between 6.30 and 8?

We want to make shows each night. Any suggestions on best plan appreciated.

We took our 3YO to the dining room twice. We found that having different "courses" brought out for her worked really well. One night she had French Fries as an Appetizer, Potato Chips during Soup, Plain Lettuce as a salad, Spagetti for the main course and Ice Cream as a desert. The different foods kept her entertained and we enjoyed eating with her. Our waitress was very accomidating and treated our daughter very well.

The other nights we mostly ate in the buffet. But to be honest, I felt that it was easier to feed our daughter in the dining room, because they tried their hardest to fufill all of our requests. The steakhouse even brought her a whole plate of bacon -- just because that was what she wanted to eat that night!

If you want to make the early show (8:15/8:30ish) you will have to either take your daughter to the dining room with you or eat in the buffet. If the late show is acceptable then feed your daughter at the buffet, drop her off at the Fun Zone after 7:00 PM and head for the PC dining room. Though they might not take reservations between 6:30 and 8:00, they might seat you on a first come first served basis. ;)

Whether your 3 year old eats in the dining room or at the buffet should largely be determined by how well she behaves in restaurants. When your fellow passengers dine in the dining room, they want a quiet atmosphere to enjoy their meal and conversation with their tablemates. Children who are too young to sit quietly through the whole period from seating through completion of dessert and coffee would probably be better off at the buffet, where there is constant activity around them and a less dignified atmosphere. Even at the buffet in the Horizon Court, crying or screaming children, and kids running around are a source of annoyance to fellow passengers who are seeking to enjoy their meal in a relaxed setting.

Please don't think I am anti-children. When our 3 girls were growing up, they always traveled and ate in restaurants with us. However, they were taught acceptable public behavior from the time they were very small. There was no noisiness or getting down from the table allowed in restaurants.

Unfortunately, now days, too ,many kids are allowed to do whatever they please, with no intervention from parents, even if it might be disturbing to people around them.

Archived