Best Western Oceanside FT Lauderdale-location? Easy Transportation?

crazyboutdisney

I am considering booking Best Western Oceanside for a pre cruise night in March 2019. I have looked at the hotel online and it looks like a nice hotel with great beach location. I think it will be great for my 14 yr olds first experience near the ocean!

I am wondering...is the area safe? Are there places close by such as restaurants, Walgreens CVS etc in case we forgot something and are taxis readily available? Sailing out of Port Everglades and planning on taking a taxi the morning of the cruise

Thanks!

I have stayed at Best Western Oceanside for 5 nights January 2018 and will again January 2019.

I took a taxi from airport to hotel around $20-25 and used Uber to the port (someone else paid so don’t know the price, I think around the same price).

They have a great hot free breakfast, have a bar with food, small gym, bikes for rent, $ washer/dryer on site, with friendly and helpful staff.

The Sun Trolley ($1/pp in 2018) and regular bus, have bus stops outside the hotel and water taxi is within walking distance.

I took the Sun Trolley and also walked along the beach to restaurants. There is a restaurant in the next hotel.

The beach is only one building away about 100 yards. There were a few wooden chairs and picnic tables in the beach area near the hotel.

Edited by phabric