Harvest Caye - "new" excursion for "Barrier Reef Snorkel"

krazykohns

I sailed with RCCL last April 2018 with one stop in Belize City. It was a tender port, but since I took "Barrier Reef Snorkel" excursion (purchased from the cruise line), there was a dedicated boat traveling from the cruise ship to the private island where the snorkel started.

Barrier reef was super. We were lucky with excellent weather, no current and warm water.

Some photos below.

y4mlvSw1JW5Kd5gftATq3eLBc7MpIUD1odFyDwaMnB_lgHczzyQ0SHzKhM0Azy_7opViOyBbfA3fi7FKkrxxw0fkIr_nk76HCNmYj18l0E5uuiTgfsxMl15i_T310muT0fHLFFpCYUmjjPhedKyQ-rCNQep4EFQz0aBjfQXllKHkepBlAmkd4U3o72L_yDf4ZSW5BJ_tCcl_W4VCC0_MW8r-A?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

y4mhfGs_rbKxL4c3bg-rG4BUcKwT_rCP7dKGMVQA0304Nh-Mziq9VJJHGwoEWZFTt7mFYzfzfGJZ70t9KvmzD7VKg2Zpp7uu0edxYamRssTluYle3sBHk2U06GoXp0H3XWF4tIH5m6QpxjYpzfe2E0C8QOhYO9xo9lnESlhVsd9owpTb0alV96sFoQ3GEhrShZBe0VjD9XQbUe0rGIM9kPing?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

y4mmLQmCE11WOFMyuGZnoP7wBgdts2UpRp9Ewg0l9hwwTt2hRrB_gR8pQChLvC2NdaxLCgpfi7xCMfMVx1jAYG4OXvub6n75JSv2eFBeyjlfpc_lzcpYv_rFsm5rApttkf-x31nKekrXCdgGWm5vlVybzcUmjQyeAMstKs99qetOQoyvuUXhKOTHK3ri0erdRpnVeSxgWn7M23UY4cA-8eIog?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

Here are two nudibranch, natural predator, devouring a sea fan.

y4mzykrsDuc21gMnb8HRwS4ozzh4FusjYCN-cAYbsrQPucLP1f_AlCOCYzaTCgJYeubyxBOrWAvNWx3lRQfTruzVFSkJunmY9-IJyJvuDeWu6BCZyd-QNumU6QbPMrPr4N_BplpSyEF53otB-fXZCTwltgyVNNIOCl4tmn85dahxkjxswEhEjLZiNEenzOoz5nPmmTIDOGqY7camynuY-xSzQ?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

y4mCQk1zuBDIDaXCNGgnQAuVILsQpp5Vi2uNdwwtqiXCQXZIj9kgfQH8w8r8-h576_1pF9kyzMfNSSoM1aX7qkBX8c2MTfJ1h0sqRSLqO_yqIwvmYcAh8lNu76K2UG_h5fYSc5gJvcgRvGjmovWiRvuOudy3mC1lZBL17-bFdZw0Eyp-eVYABmK40bNnHhf2qdb257KDol0pMJL8grSoAOq8Q?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

y4ma7TYVgEejI3L2bGOWMPfhs0kZzDViXHLDCY_qf5suJKesB9FA9nidUdF6YFwjS8KnbT6BaaA2v4WpK9LzJ20sN0qcK3byI943Uuu_Xs3ihxNwpK24igjtW-Ps0xqqlG3adnmiIItY-vWq0TnqhrQL2tvcYKI8cPuI60sLMNiWk-3Mcd6wNiYG83xTO2pVMqHcnxvFSBMn8GIgADaqOZb1w?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

Hope we go to the same area!

@pianoetudes Thanks so much for that information! I've almost found too many things to do on this cruise (except in Ocho Rios, where there is almost nothing that is not a tour that takes advantage of animals (not trying to judge, but touching animals forced into my recreation isn't my personal idea of a good time), water falls (my sister won't be able to manage those), wooden bob sled (just say no), or poorly rated beaches! In Ocho Rios we may just head to something independent. But oh we cannot wait to snorkel! We've actually just booked another cruise (an RC one in mid October) because seriously, we couldn't wait :'):')!!!

We did it a couple of weeks ago. It’s a group of 48 people going out, with 7 guides and a medic on board the boat. Very organized. As far as the snorkeling is concerned, if you are a beginner, this would be a fantastic trip, but if you done any snorkeling in the past, it was just average. The cost was high for what it was, and I don’t think I would do it again. You would be much better served by snorkeling in Roatan—absolutely amazing coral and fish, and less expensive as well.

Thank you so much!! We set sail in a few weeks and are still considering if we should book or not. This has been really helpful!

We did it a couple of weeks ago. It’s a group of 48 people going out, with 7 guides and a medic on board the boat. Very organized. As far as the snorkeling is concerned, if you are a beginner, this would be a fantastic trip, but if you done any snorkeling in the past, it was just average. The cost was high for what it was, and I don’t think I would do it again. You would be much better served by snorkeling in Roatan—absolutely amazing coral and fish, and less expensive as well.

@Finnrox - thanks very much, first hand experience helps so much (as I am sure you know!). On this Oct cruise we have fewer options than we will have on the one in Jan. I want to get some variety of course, but snorkeling is very high on the essentials list:D