Western Caribbean Cruise Pricing/Quality

jbobst

We are booked on the Grand Princess this coming February, and when we booked the cruise last November, the February sailings were considerably less expensive than the Canival and RCL cruises out of Galveston. I was worried a little at first, but from everything I have read about the Grand Princess, I am really looking forwared to the cruise. Does anyone know why Princess was considerably less expensive? (especially when you consider I am paying for four people) I have always had the impression that Princess was a much higher quaility cruise line, and therefore more expensive. I haven't cruised much, and I am just starting to learn about the different cruise lines. Anyway, I just checked out prices for Western Caribbean cruises for February, and prices have dropped quite a bit for the Carnival and RCL lines. Princess is still reasonable, but slightly higher now for than what we paid in November. I was just curious if anyone had any information on why the Grand was so much less expensive when I bookede, why prices have dropped for the other lines now, and why the Western Caribbean cruises seems generally less expensive than any other Caribbean cruises? I am guessing that the ports might have something to do with it, but I am really looking forward to our ports...just wish we didn't have to tender so much and that we had more time at each port :)

Answer is pretty much in your observations. Lots of cruise lines doing it, from many different venues (TX, FL, NOLA, etc). Not that desireable ports.... having seen it once is good enough for most. Tendering is a turnoff too. Seven days does not give a chance to get lower into Costa Rica, Panama,......

Why is Princess lower initially... probably want to get a jump on the competition.

If we were to do it again it would because we would want something quick, easy, inexpensive... and just getting away. Otherwise there is much more of the world we have yet to see or would rather see again.

Archived