Luxury?

Sheila NaGeira

• 1 month later...
We were on the previous segment from Bali to Honolulu...!!!

The ship (eventually!!) went into Code RED about four days out of Honolulu though we could see the warning signs another four days previously.....

We could get NO ANSWERS from the medical staff, and the dreaded "N" word was not mentioned....

The "lockdown" deepened with late / overnight corridor fumigation, closure of the Laundry, Card Room, Library and a noticeable lack of staff.... (all off duty due to sickness????!!!!)

Table setting in the restaurants stopped in Maui.... denials of the "N" word continued until the day we walked down the gangway in Honolulu!

in all we were surprised (though gratified!!) to be allowed to disembark the US port of Honolulu in such a state! and even more pleased to get off the ship in Honolulu to a better organised health regime, leaving tales of over 90 "N" "victims" under the complimentary care of the ship's overworked Medical Centre which had previously billed a close colleague at the rate of around $3000 a day for medical care... a good reason not to report early symptoms earlier.....

Boarding in Bali we reported a non functioning sanitiser at the bottom of the gangplank and later another (during the Code RED on Deck 9 which took 2 days to be rectified despite repeated reminders of its failure!

We even "heard" that the boarding passengers in Honolulu would be delayed by the situation......!

The words "DUTY OF CARE" and "NEGLIGENCE" are rapidly rising to the surface...!

Despite the crisis, EVERYONE remained polite and friendly and, above all, professional, for which I compliment the company... and I still consider Oceania as a top end cruise experience....

We boarded in Honolulu. You're so right. Once aboard, we sat around and didn't get into our staterooms u till around 5:00. A Canadian in line at boarding told us about the "n" word; they had gotten an email. We knew nothing about it. It was an experience for sure. So were my two bouts of food poisoning!

Sent from my LG-V410 using Forums mobile app