Specialty restaurant question

johnacon

My wife and I are going on our honeymoon on the Grand in two days. I really want to get into both specialty restaurants during the cruise. So my questions to those experienced with Princess are:

Can I reserve times to eat now by calling princess ordo I have to wait until we get onboard?

and

If we have to wait to get onboard, do I need to do it right then or is it relatively easy to get reservations later in the cruise?

Thanks a lot in advance!

You have to wait until you board. There will be a table set up outside of Sabatini's. Last time on the Grand I was able to book both in the same place. If you have a specific time that you want then I would book it right away. Some slots fill up and others don't. No rhyme or reason. Enjoy you will love the Grand. :)

Also to respond to spongerob (sorry for posting the thread twice), I haven't booked any kind of special package. I will look into that on the ship. I'm not sure how great breakfast in bed will be in an inside cabin.

In sort of a disappointing side note, we were originally scheduled to sail on 1/7/06 but had to move to 12/31/05 due to me getting a new job and being too busy the original week. We had a balcony cabin scheduled for the original cruise, but could only afford an inside for the one we are now on (since they are the same price for the two sailings). However, I do appreciate Princess being very understanding with our situation since we changed sail dates only a month before departure and they did not charge us a penalty at all.

Archived