Just booked our honeymoon on the Norwegian Dawn

cruisinpug

A one day visit...not fair, but it sounds like you did quite a bit! We avoid the scooters at all costs, you were very lucky to have a safe trip, especially with torrential rain!...eek. Love the Swizzle Inn, friends with Carolyn, mgr. of gift shop/s! [emoji4]. Hog Penny in Hamilton, is another favorite...they have the best Bermuda Fish Chowder! Restaurants can be pricey...hope you checked, the gratuity is usually already added to the bill, you most likely double tipped! Frog and Onion at the Dockyard is another interesting spot too, within the thick walls of the Keep (fort).

Can’t wait for our return!

The Swizzle Inn doesn’t include the gratuity. I used to live on the island, so I’m used to driving a bike there. It’s definitely not for noobs, though.

The Swizzle Inn doesn’t include the gratuity. I used to live on the island, so I’m used to driving a bike there. It’s definitely not for noobs, though.

Having lived there makes a world of difference! :) Glad you enjoyed your brief return visit!

It was great to be back, however briefly.

Yes, even brief is good! We were there near the end of a repo cruise for 1/2 day! Anchored in Hamilton, so tendered in. Barely time to look around, but did enjoy a nice lunch on the porch of The Pickled Onion on a beautiful April day! That made it worth it! :)

LOVE the Dawn!! We've cruised NCL several times and the Dawn is one of my favorites! It's a smaller ship (when compared to the Breakaway Plus Class ships which literally hold twice as many passengers as the Jewel and Dawn Class ships). So YES, it is a smaller ship in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't have some of the 'frills' of the bigger ships (no onboard water slides, ropes courses, etc.) but what it lacks in size it makes up for in intimacy.

For example - I much prefer the pool area of the Dawn over the Breakaway (I'll use that ship for comparison). There is one pool area and for a smaller ship it's got good amount of room and on the Dawn the tiered areas overlooking the pool offer plenty of chairs. In contrast, on the Breakaway there are 2 separate pool areas (adults only and kids/water slides) which is separated and feels much more cramped. There is deck area above on the Breakaway, but it's just not as accessible as the smaller pool area on the Dawn. To walk from the upper deck down to the pool bars is a bit of a hike (again, not a big deal, but the Dawn has everything right there).

I also LOVED the food at the poolside grill on the Dawn - great burgers! They offered light breakfast food (muffins, fruit, etc.) and grilled items and salads at lunch. The Breakaway does not have an equivalent. The Garden Café buffet is right around the corner, but I really enjoyed strolling up in my bathing suit and grabbing a quick burger right on deck on the Dawn.

The Breakaway has a fancier atrium/shops area than the Dawn, but again, the allure of a smaller ship is better service, less crowds, no ridiculous lines to get off the ship when in port.

I think you will really enjoy the Dawn and congratulations on your pending nuptuals!!