what aiport if cruising out of Galveston?

CJJSmith

2 choices:

Hobby - 45 minutes to an hour away. Southwest, Airtran and some of the majors fly into here.

IAH (George Bush Intercontinental) - 1-1/2 to 2 hours away. Continental and all the majors. More choices of flights.

2 choices:

Hobby - 45 minutes to an hour away. Southwest, Airtran and some of the majors fly into here.

IAH (George Bush Intercontinental) - 1-1/2 to 2 hours away. Continental and all the majors. More choices of flights.

and just to add a bit more......IAH will have more non-stops than Hobby......depending on what part of the country you are flying from

Flying from Orange County or Los Angeles, CA... I am trying to find another cruise that isn't too expensive and I have gone on all of the ones out of CA - lol. So I don't want to fly too far... Just flew to Miami and went to the Bahamas and it was expensive.

Flying from Orange County or Los Angeles, CA... I am trying to find another cruise that isn't too expensive and I have gone on all of the ones out of CA - lol. So I don't want to fly too far... Just flew to Miami and went to the Bahamas and it was expensive.

Continental flys non-stop from Orange County and LAX.....so, if you find the proverbial cheaper fare to fly into Hobby......is it worth the time and hassle of changing planes versus the extra drive from IAH?

Only you can decide that........

ARG, I"m so frustrated because I found a really cheap flight with american west from slc to iah, but it puts us there at about 2pm and the ship is supposed to leave at 4. Should I pay more to get there sooner? Or fly to hobby which is also more expensive for me.

How much time should we give ourselves for getting out of the airport, getting down there and getting on the boat?

Thanks. :)

ARG, I"m so frustrated because I found a really cheap flight with american west from slc to iah, but it puts us there at about 2pm and the ship is supposed to leave at 4. Should I pay more to get there sooner? Or fly to hobby which is also more expensive for me.

How much time should we give ourselves for getting out of the airport, getting down there and getting on the boat?

Thanks. :)

From IAH to Galveston the drive is at least 1-1/2 hours. There is no way you could catch the ship if you take that flight. Pay more to get there sooner. Even coming into Hobby you would be pushing it with a 2 pm flight as it is at least 45 minutes away from the port.

For a 4pm departure your flight should arrive by noon at IAH, 1pm at the latest and that is pushing it.

Archived