live from Diamond Princess

raringtogo

Here we are at the half-way mark- so far so good.

Meeting our whole CC Roll-Call group has been an absolutely amazing experience with everyone being as lovely as they sounded and we have all spent lots of time together both as a group and individually

Today we were invited up onto the Bridge - it was a great experience. We've also had a lovely gathering in the Wakeview Bar where the ship provided "bubbly" (and lots of it)-

Tomorrow night we're having a formal photograph taken of the whole group on the grand staircase which will be a great keepsake.

The ship has been excellent- the biggest problem being the computers out of action for the first few days. Thank goodness we are now back on-line-

Food has been excellent and service good too.

The only port which was not very good was Kemaman (Malaysia) and you'd hope they will change that as a future port of call

• 2 weeks later...

hi again

well, we're home now- sorry I didn't have a chance to post again- the computer connections were very very slow and a cause of much angst for most of the cruise

Have A Good Trip - yes, Kemaman was the replacement for Bali- It was, IMHO the crummiest place I've ever visited and I think most people would agree. there was nothing much to do or see. Total waste of time!:mad:

kruisey- I hope your Roll-Call group are as good as ours- every single one was absolutely wonderful and a lot of us spent quite a bit of time together.

Hope everyone has a healthy and happy 2006 and to those of you cruising- have a great time- wish we were joining you!:)

Archived