Does anyone know of a cruie ship tracker website or app

I am interested in seeing where the ships are currently at any given time. In REALTIME not where is should be. And any web cams that are real time and not frozen on a specific date 2 months old.

:D thanks

Just be aware that real time AIS ship tracking sites like marinetraffic and vesselfinder will only show ships that are in range of land based AIS receiving stations (about 30 miles offshore). And coverage by land based AIS stations can be spotty. My ship was in the entrance to Aransas Pass at Corpus Christi, less than a mile from shore, and 15-20 miles from the port, before we showed up on marinetraffic yesterday. Otherwise, it will show the last received position, which may be a couple of days old, depending on the itinerary. Do not pay for the "upgrade" satellite AIS service these sites offer, as this will still only get you a couple of updates daily when outside range of land based AIS. Sites like cruisemapper will frequently show where a ship "is supposed to be" based on itinerary when it is outside of land based AIS.

Just be aware that real time AIS ship tracking sites like marinetraffic and vesselfinder will only show ships that are in range of land based AIS receiving stations (about 30 miles offshore). And coverage by land based AIS stations can be spotty. My ship was in the entrance to Aransas Pass at Corpus Christi, less than a mile from shore, and 15-20 miles from the port, before we showed up on marinetraffic yesterday. Otherwise, it will show the last received position, which may be a couple of days old, depending on the itinerary. Do not pay for the "upgrade" satellite AIS service these sites offer, as this will still only get you a couple of updates daily when outside range of land based AIS. Sites like cruisemapper will frequently show where a ship "is supposed to be" based on itinerary when it is outside of land based AIS.

There is some new information I didn't know. Thanks for adding that. I've come to understand how Marinetraffic.com works and live with its shortcomings. Today I used to see when Jewel was closing on on St Martin so I could watch it arrive and think that is me in 2 weeks.

Not sure where the NEXT PORT DATA on that site comes from. I was shamed for posting a wrong next port of call once :)

Thanks for all this knowledge. I have found several sites and this makes sense since I was tracking Oasis for my cruise in 2 weeks (ish) to see what side of the ship I would be able to see lighthouses and islands etc, if that was even a thing, and which side we would dock on. I saw where Oasis made a stop in the Bahamas yesterday and on several sites, it is still there!! Even tho it is not. LOL

Thanks again

There is some new information I didn't know. Thanks for adding that. I've come to understand how Marinetraffic.com works and live with its shortcomings. Today I used to see when Jewel was closing on on St Martin so I could watch it arrive and think that is me in 2 weeks.

Not sure where the NEXT PORT DATA on that site comes from. I was shamed for posting a wrong next port of call once :)

The "next port" and "last port" information is input by the navigating officer, and sometimes they forget to input it right away, and sometimes there are some "fat fingers" and the port codes get messed up.

Thanks for all this knowledge. I have found several sites and this makes sense since I was tracking Oasis for my cruise in 2 weeks (ish) to see what side of the ship I would be able to see lighthouses and islands etc, if that was even a thing, and which side we would dock on. I saw where Oasis made a stop in the Bahamas yesterday and on several sites, it is still there!! Even tho it is not. LOL

Thanks again

As for which side the ship docks against, this is always variable. It can depend on weather, port conditions (how many ships are in), and whether the ship needs to do maintenance on one side (painting) or the other, or whether they need to lower a particluar side's lifeboats for training (can only lower the offshore side). So the ship may dock straight in, or it may turn around and dock pointing out, at the same port on different cruises.

http://www.***********/cruise-ship-webcams/ has a lot of ship cams and port cams. They are using the same feeds the line provides, so lag or freeze is because of the source. There's also a tracker function, but like Cheng said, garbage in, garbage out. I noted that Carnival is the only line that has a bridge cam and deck cam on the majority of the fleet. RCI only has extra cams on the Oasis ships.