Boarding Britannia at Southampton

amajaa

Apparently Princess have recently started a new system where you can pay a fee to have priority boarding, maybe P&O will follow shortly another way to make a bit of money!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Carnival already have it, and had it for a long while. It’s strictly capacity controlled, so once ‘sold out’ that’s it. By purchasing for a single fee for all occupants of the cabin, you board after suite and high level frequent cruiser guests.

You have access to your cabin immediately upon boarding and there is priority delivery of your bags.

You have access to a priority line at guest relations too.

It’s called ‘faster to the fun’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone ever arrived early for Britannia and got on earlier than their boarding times?

I know for the other ships it is possible but when Britannia, being larger, came into service it was the reason they changed the boarding procedures.

We have to leave early just in case of hold ups on the motorways so interested to know if we arrive earlier will we have a chance of boarding earlier?

On the sole occasion that we've cruised on Britannia, we drove up to the Ocean Terminal just after noon to ask if we could hand our bags in, fully intending to then drive away and come back back at our allotted 3:30 embarkation time. We were told we could be processed and embark there and then. We've also had the opposite experience - arrived early and had to wait. However, that was at the Mayflower terminal. I wonder therefore if it's the Ocean Terminal that makes it all a bit easier?