Port or Starboard on Mexican Riviera cruise?

abb4k

I have done it both ways, and really don't see much difference. You see the same shoreline on the west coast of Baja coming and going (port out, starboard home). In Cabo, the ship can easily swing a full 360 degrees during one port day due to the prevailing winds. In Puerto Vallarta, you are likely to have the starboard side toward the pier, and in Mazatlan, the starboard side. Whales can be on either side, depending on your time of year. Sunsets with be 50% on starboard, 50% on port most likely. Get out of your room and walk around the ship and it makes not difference at all.

Starboard was nice for us. Sunsets the first three nights. Decent view at Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan (even though you see where all the cars are parked you can see the town beyond). I thought it was great when we left Cabo because we could see the beach and the arch when we were sailing out. I know on the way down to PV we weren't that close to Cabo so you couldn't see it all that closely. Definitely close leaving Cabo though! Great views of the coast that whole afternoon too.

Walking around the ship on other days the port side had nice views. I can best relate my experience from a starboard balcony. No matter what...you will have fun and great views.

Starboard was nice for us. Sunsets the first three nights. Decent view at Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan (even though you see where all the cars are parked you can see the town beyond). I thought it was great when we left Cabo because we could see the beach and the arch when we were sailing out. I know on the way down to PV we weren't that close to Cabo so you couldn't see it all that closely. Definitely close leaving Cabo though! Great views of the coast that whole afternoon too.

Walking around the ship on other days the port side had nice views. I can best relate my experience from a starboard balcony. No matter what...you will have fun and great views.

My feelings exactly. DW and I always boook a cabin on the starboard side to the Mexican Riviera. Just curious about those cars in Mazatlan, are they imported or exported?

My feelings exactly. DW and I always boook a cabin on the starboard side to the Mexican Riviera. Just curious about those cars in Mazatlan, are they imported or exported?

I was wondering the same thing about those cars in Mazatlan

We just returned and had a port side cabin. The sun was mostly on the starboard side going towards Puerto Vallarta, on the port side returning to LA. I really don't think it makes any difference which side you're on since you're going and returning to the same port. If it were a one-way cruise, it might make a difference.

Maybe they do both...but I have seen them load up 8-10 cars onto trucks and then drive off with them.

When we were there, they were all Hundais, imported from South Korea.

Archived