St Thomas Day Sails

cruisedad

Has anyone went on a Day Sail? I am thinking of going on one, and was wondering which one to book. Any thoughts or info would be great!

I'm looking at some of these::confused:

Treazzure Day Sailing

Jester day Sails

Fantasy

Thanks

we were on the sail with Captain Max daysail on the 18th of Dec. was join by a couple who were to sail on the Treazzure but had engine troubles and ended with us, We all totaly enjoyed our selves the snorkel sites were great. the sailing was outstanding . The crew knew thier boat and how to handle her. The Greek lunch was good ,wife saids it was great. We are looking for another tour with them on our next cruise.

Be advise just before you take your cruise check with your daysailer just to make sure everything is OK

Paul

greek

Has anyone went on a Day Sail? I am thinking of going on one, and was wondering which one to book. Any thoughts or info would be great!

I'm looking at some of these::confused:

Treazzure Day Sailing

Jester day Sails

Fantasy

Thanks

We booked a week in advance and am SOOOOOOOOOOO glad I did. We are motor boaters and were a bit leary of SIX people on a 40 foot range sail cruise. I e-mailed karen and she assured me that i would not feel cramped. She was right, there were 5 plus crew and it was not at all cramped.

We arrived a little early, as out ship got into port early, Bobby and Karen were on board with great "finger food" waiting. We boarded and were off as soon as all were boarded. As we left the harbor, Bobby found out what all the passengers had in mind. Bobby was very knowledgable of the local waters and was a hoot, if in doubt of his "stories" Karen will set you straight.

Karen made delicious alcoholic beverages using top shelf liquor. After cruising about 2-3 hours, but who was lookin at their watch, we stopped to snorkle. I was only able to snorkle for a short time due to a medical condition. I boarded the boat and Karen made me another alcoholic concoction. MMMMMMMMMMMMM good. This was the 1st time I decided I wanted to take Karen home.

While the others were in the water exploring the reefs and the local sealife, I chatted with Bobby and Karen about the local customs of the Island. Karen had started lunch, NO chicken here, and Bobby had fired up the grill. As others had begun boarding and showering with fresh water, I continued to pound down them thingamgiggies Karen was making.

Karen presented a great "munchie plate", yup I really wanna bring her home now. While we were drinking and munching, Bobby grilled lunch. I had a bacon wrapped fillet mignon and my wife grilled mahi mahi. NO chicken here folks! Karen was preparing the rest of the lunch below, oh yeah more DRINKIES too. Yup she NEEDS to come home with us.

After lunch, oh yeah more booze, we set sail for another snorkle destination. Bobby really knows how to sail, or was I just feeling Karens' drinks, lol. Seriously though, Bobby took us to another area that was wonderful for snorkling or just lounging in the water, with a drink of course. Hey, we live in Florida and are boaters Karen.

As the day wound down, no horns or whistles to tell you its time to go, and everyone was ready to come aboard. We set sail back to the marina ............... with you guessed it, drinkies :p . I think Karen had some homemade cookies, they were good. I tried one last time to bribe Karen but Captain Bobby would be lost without her, so, she stayed there :( .

So to any of you who are not sure which day cruise to take, I can only tell you that we had a blast and sure wish I was back there! Good food (NO chicken), good people (very knowledgable), good booze (top shelf) = GREAT DAY!!!! Anyone who might want pics send me an email @aol.com

Thanks Captain Bobby and Karen

We sailed with Kathleen on Highpockets in April and had a great day!

I would not hesitate to sail with her again.

We have High Pockets booked 2/7/06 and really looking forward to trip.

Kathleen was very prompt to respond to our questions and very personable.

We'll give more info when we get back.

To the last poster regarding rumbabacharters:

How much was it per person?

How easy was it to get to from the cruise ship?

Did you arrange a meeting time with them ahead of time? Thanks so much for the info -still trying to decide if I should do this instead of one of the ship's tours.

To the last poster regarding rumbabacharters:

How much was it per person?

How easy was it to get to from the cruise ship?

Did you arrange a meeting time with them ahead of time? Thanks so much for the info -still trying to decide if I should do this instead of one of the ship's tours.

It was $110 cash and it was a short ride from the dock. We had made the reservation prior to leaving for our cruise. Let me tell ya there is nothing to decide, in my mind. The BEST excursion we have ever taken!! Oh did I mention the food and booze? lol :D

We just recently sailed with RCCL and booked a day sail with Ike Witt Charters. Captain Pat was absolutely wonderful. He has lived in St. Thomas for over 20 years and has sailed transatlantic numerously. Thus he is very skilled and knowledgeable. We chartered him privately as he only takes about 6 people. We sailed out toward St. John and then did a snorkel stop. He prepared a fruit plate and refreshments and then we set sail again for another snorkel spot. After showing us the beautiful coral reefs and it's inhabitants he prepared a delicious lunch and dessert. We decided not to snorkel another stop but just to sail around some more before heading back. He told "pirate" stories, told jokes and gave us tons of island history. We had a awesome time, and this was the highlight of our cruise. When I was doing the research for trying to find a day sail, he not only e-mailed back with his information and pricing, but called to see if we had any questions. I highly recommend Ike WItt and we cannot wait to go back and sail with Cpt. Pat. I believe his website is ikewittcharters.com Hope this helps!!!!!

Thanks dgunnare,

for the great information about Ike Witt. I emailed and like you said, he emailed me back that day and called the next. I'm not sure what cruise ship you were on, but did you make it too the sailing pier in plenty of time. And did your return trip from the pier back to the ship go smoothly. Wouldn't want to miss the boat. ;) We sail on the Ike Witt on March 22, 2006. Do you remember how much your taxi ride was too the pier?

Thank again for the posting.

We sailed with Kathleen on Highpockets in April and had a great day!

I would not hesitate to sail with her again.

I would agree! We sailed on Highpockets last June (for our 10th anniversary) and Kathleen made the whole experience very special. Some of the best snorkeling we've experienced. Lunch was delicious.

Enjoy!

Kel

Hello -- enjoyed reading your posts about day sails. Seems you can't go wrong with any mentioned.

Several mentioned lots of "drinkies." Oue family of four would include a 15 year old and 12 year old, and we're not much into drinking. Would these sails be appropriate?

Also, my husband is not a swimmer -- but has snorkeled with an inflatable vest. How are the currents here?

What are the costs PER PERSON of these sails? We're buying for FOUR!

Thanks!

We just came back from a wonderful daysail trip. They did give us all we wanted to drink but they also had all the softdrinks we wanted as well. It can be what you want it to be. I think it would be a great time for you and your family. We were in a cove when they snorkled. I don't think they had any problem with currents. Those that were weak swimmers were given float things to help them along as well. Two of us chose to stay on the boat and relax in the sun while they were snorkling. We had a great time as well. It was so very relaxing.

We went on the "Winifred". It was our best excursion of the whole trip.

darcy8

We are booked on the Winifred for April 2...I think the cost is $115.00 cash or 125.00 credit.

My brother and sister in law did this a couple of years ago, and said it was the best excusion they have taken.

You can snorkle, swim, drink (if you want), and they also swam over and walked around on the beaches.

My brother is really excited about us going, because they had such a great time.

He said that she takes your cameras when you get on board and takes pictures of you having fun....

I am really looking forward to this...

Also, if you go under her web site, she has the menu posted. My brother also said that the rum punch was the best he had ever had.

Hi, Dan.

Take the ferry from St. Thomas to St. John.

As soon as you get off, there are open air taxis waiting to take you to whatever beach you want...or shopping...lunch...etc.

We went with our two kids a few years back. Thoroughly enjoyed Trunk Bay and Cinnamon. ANY beach you go to on St. John is beautiful.

When you are finished at the beach, there are many taxis waiting to take you back to the ferry dock. Just watch your time...

Enjoy!

Yes. It was $115 cash; $125 Charge. They had Coke products for sodas; Red Stripe beer; Rum punch. Might have had more but that whats we drank. Depends on the wind which direction they head. We went out and on the far side of St. John over toward BVI. The cove that we stopped at was wonderful. There was a nice beach area, and the snorkling was great. The first mate Bill, went out with the guys and showed them where to find everything. They went up on the beach and had a grand time. We ladies stayed on the boat and lounged. Capt. Russell kept us entertained with stories, while he prepared our meal. The meal was good. Terriaki Chicken, with wild rice; and wonderful salad and homemade bread. Capt. Sharon, was away while we were there so Russell filled in, he was great. They were able to tell us about history of the area, land formations, houses and other boats that we saw along the way. It really was a great day. They took great care of us.

We will definitely do this again if get back to St. Thomas.

Darcy

Archived