Golden Needs Work

Flying

A group of us just returned from a 7-day cruise on the Golden and we were disappointed. The ship itself was nice and we enjoyed the ammenities but the dining room service, food selection and entertainment/activities was quite lacking.

We chose the AnyTime Dining option and the waiters definitely needed more training. There were several times they forgot to bring salad or soup, or brought drinks after we finished eating. We often had to ask for silverware or salt and pepper, and one time the waiter handed me a spoon across the table instead of walking around and placing it down. On other ships, the head waiter walked around asking if everything was OK but on the Golden, they never left the door to the dining room.

The first time I was ever on a Princess cruise they were known for their fabulous kitchens. This time the food was unimpressive. It was OK but there was nothing special about it.

The evening entertainment was ho-hum and one night they counted a movie as the selection. Now I don't mind watching a movie on a cruise but when it was the only entertainment (besides the lounges), there's something wrong about that. When we'd come back from an island, there were very little activities going on on the ship - a card game or board game.

It's been awhile since I've sailed on Princess but I never had these issues before. I don't know if it was just this ship not being run very well, these were cost-cutting measures or if it has something to do with Carnival now being the owner. But we still had fun, because being on a cruise in the sun with friends is always delightful. But I'll have to think long and hard about cruising on Princess again.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise and that it didn't live up to your expectations.

Just curious, why never post on here before but post the first time critizing Princess????? Just know that you're about to get bashed since you've never bothered to take the time out and be a part of the board except to post a negative post!

Thank you, Flying, for your feedback. I booked a trip on the Grand for my Dad and me at the end of January...I want to spend some time with him...and I am a little concerned about this choice after talking with some friends who recently finished a Princess cruise.

CJSkids: Some people do not get involved in small talk, and do not post unless he or she believes there is something of value to contribute. I, for one, find Flying's post to be helpful.

Archived