Gem 4/28/2018 Semi-Live again, take #3 NY-Port Canaveral-GSC-Nassau, what's new !

mking8288

Hey! great job! Im staying in that exact room at the end of july and was wondering if you had anymore pictures of the room? Thanks!
You probably missed these ...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56075305&postcount=369

Also, had our Obstructed OV from the Gem (Deck 8 - port side last year) just above it - should answer most questions, feel free to ask ... enjoy ! It was really quiet on deck 5, and very easy to access the theater & to get just about anywhere. Any specific aspect of the room / photos ? ... I will dig them out, if available.

Sent via Moto G(6) on Project Fi/T-Mobile using Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

• 3 weeks later...

Plenty of ground shuttles vans & taxis outside, steps away from the ship terminals.

Question: is there a shuttle that just runs around Port Canaveral? take you to Jetty Beach or the Cove area?

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

It took a while longer to make our way outdoors into the promenade area ... hundreds, apparently still from the Express Walkoff - are ahead of us, lined up on the terminal's exterior walkway, almost from one end to the other. Took over an hour for us to finally reach the bottom of the escalators, and to walk over to find our luggage @ 10:05 am. What a mess !

347a05b852ee09f5bad6c1bd90e1801e.jpg

4639bf01cb7000267b9a3279d384d7a4.jpg

It's a good thing that we aren't late running for a Greyhound, Amtrak or airport connections for an outbound flight, or else ... could be in serious trouble. Imagine being on a mega-ship and already late (and, sure enough ... it happened to the Escape coming back from Bermuda, the next day.)

Oh wow, yea, your disembarkation indeed looked bad ... and reading that the Escape experienced the same thing the next day made me feel fortunate that my disembarkation from the Escape about a couple months after yours (June 17) was very smooth and quick. The amount of people on the exterior walkway of the terminal was about 1/5 of the crowd in your photo. NCL must had worked things out (may be they *DID* take your feedback or posting here to heart. :) )

Oh, BTW, my disembarkation time was 10:05am, so may this played into the non-crowdedness of it?