T3 Port Bus & Sagrada Familia

Pixiemom2

We are on RCL Symphony of the Seas and want to see the Sagrada Familia and have several questions.

When the ship docks can we take the port bus to the church?

Would it be better to take a taxi (if so, do you need to set/negotiate a price in advance)?

Are there other things to look at in the area?

How much time should we allow to get to there and then back to the ship?

Thank you in advance for the help.

We are on RCL Symphony of the Seas and want to see the Sagrada Familia and have several questions.

Would it be better to take a taxi (if so, do you need to set/negotiate a price in advance)?

Not sure how far the nearest metro stop is from the port, but the metro is the most efficient way to get to Sagrada Familia from many parts of Barcelona. There is a metro stop right across the street. We loved taking the metro everywhere, but we were nearer to Las Ramblas.

1. You cannot take the port bus to La Sagrada. It only goes to the Columbus monument.

2. I would take a taxi. You will see a rank of taxis outside the terminal. Tell the rank captain you're going to the Basilica and they will tell you the cost.

3. There are many things to see and do in Barcelona. www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com .

4. It should take less than 30 mins to reach the Basilica.

Enjoy your port call in Barcelona!

P.S. Hopefully, Enric of Barcelona will see your post. Very helpful man.

I’m not a taxi fan, I’d take t3 bus to Columbus circle and buy the 10 euro metro pass that is good for 10 rides which can be shared. This way you can also go to other Barcelona sites too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also took the metro from columbus circle. We had to change trains once. Very easy to do and you arrive right at the Basilica

I’m not a taxi fan, I’d take t3 bus to Columbus circle and buy the 10 euro metro pass that is good for 10 rides which can be shared. This way you can also go to other Barcelona sites too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On multiple trips to Barcelona we have used the 10 pass even though we rarely use all 10 punches. It is just so convenient to only purchase a single ticket. You never wait long for a train as they run on short headings and for the Sagrada Familia you are right there.

Last cruise we had a few punches left and met a young honeymoon couple at our post cruise hotel in Athens, they were heading to Barcelona so I just gave them the pass with whatever it had. That way it didn’t go to waste.

• 4 weeks later...

Would say try to book tickets and time to visit the sagrada familia before the day you visit, I've had friends in the past who ran out of time (had to return to ship) as the queue to get in was so long, it would be a pity to sort all the transport and then not get in to the beautiful building.