Cannes - Monte Carlo Train Tickets - Purchase in advance?

SetToSail~50

Planning to travel from Cannes to Monte Carlo by train for a few hours on 26 July 2018. Have checked the train schedule, and gotten prices for tickets. These are non-refundable, and therefore we are thinking of buying our tickets when we get there (via an app).

My question is, can we save some money by buying the ticket in advance? If so, how far in advance. Have tried to check for information online, but the English sites do not seem to have this information, and my French is lacking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

There are no discounts. These are commuter trains that run often.

There are now some private company trains that might charge more.

Just go to the SNCF website for schedules and prices.

Thanks!

So that is why people talk about getting tickets for €5, while all I find are tickets for €20. SNCF doesn’t seem to have tickets published yet, and would rather get tickets that are refundable/ usable on later departures in case it takes us awhile to get to Cannes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Marazul speaks the truth (as always). Buying tickets for that train line (along the coast) is akin to buying a subway ticket. No need to buy in advance and any advance sale is likely from a third party who is ripping you off. There are no reserved seats and you will even see some coming on the train with their bicycles :). It is a commuter rail line in every way.

Hank

Marazul speaks the truth (as always). Buying tickets for that train line (along the coast) is akin to buying a subway ticket. No need to buy in advance and any advance sale is likely from a third party who is ripping you off. There are no reserved seats and you will even see some coming on the train with their bicycles :). It is a commuter rail line in every way.

Hank

Ok, cool. One less thing to worry about before we go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums