leaving barcelona

kroberst

Looking for info from those who have flown out of Barcelona. Most flights seem to leave before noon which seems problematic. Traveling with 88 y/o mom so self debarkation not an option. Suggestions for timing?

Have you looked at the ChoiceAir options?

When we flew back from Barcelona, I recall that it was a long ride to the airport, and of course lots of long walks in the airport, with multiple checkpoints, etc. It did take time.

We flew home from Barcelona to the UK last year - the journey to the airport doesn't take long - I think poss 20 mins. The downside flying from Barcelona for us was the huge amount of people in the queue at check in & then a free for all to get through immigration - it was a shambles. We were less than impressed but may be it was a one off.

I don’t know if we just had a bad experience but it took forever to check in when we flew out of Barcelona- came as close as I ever had to missing our flight. And this was an intra Europe flight. I believe we got there 2 hours early and the line to check baggage was longgggg and slow, they finally had to go thru the line for those folks that were in danger of missing flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums