Serenade compared the Majesty???

Probably a dumb question I know. But I have only been on one cruise before and that was about 12 years ago on Majesty of the seas. My wife and I are booked on the Serenade the 21st. This is her first cruise. Will this be like my first cruise too? Is the Serenade really nice compared to the Majesty? Just trying to get my self pumped up more!!!.lol The Majesty I was even in a inside stateroom now we have the balcony!!!

Majesty at approx. 74,000 tons is about 13 years old. Serenade (2003) at 90,000 tons is a different class of ship and filled with glass--a real WOW factor. It probably will be like a new experience as many things have been added. Have a great time on your cruise!

Majesty at approx. 74,000 tons is about 13 years old. Serenade (2003) at 90,000 tons is a different class of ship and filled with glass--a real WOW factor. It probably will be like a new experience as many things have been added. Have a great time on your cruise!

I'm in the same situation as you. We went on the Majesty last year for our first and only cruise so far. This year we are going on the Serenade to Alaska. I'm sure you will be just as wowed as I think we will be. The Majesty was very nice, but from looking at the pictures of the Serenade I know it will be even better. The Serenade has more activites and other amenities as well as being much larger.

It's like comparing apples and oranges in my opinion.

I've cruised on Majesty about 6 times, love it for a quick 3 or 4 night cruise. Just came back December 16th as a matter of fact.

Cruise on the Seranade for a 12 night Panama Canal cruise in October. It's breath taking. Tons of glass. Seranade has Chops and Portofino's (don't miss Chops if you can help it) Majesty has no other restaurants. Seranade has SeaView Cafe too, tucked in the back of the ship past the kids pool/water slide. Great place for lunch/dinner that's casual.

Majesty's windjammer is like a school cafeteria, Seranade's windjammer is like a marketplace. The Mongolian BBQ is the best! Sushi every night.

OK, good thing I'm cruising in a few weeks on the Enchantment. I need a fix!!!

Have a great time on your cruise, you'll LOVE Seranande!!!

derekandkimberly: mbtaz & truffles2 have listed differences very well. Don't forget to enjoy all of the glass. Definate WOW factor.

It is likely that this will be like your 1st cruise again as well as being your DW's 1st. Cabin will be nearly twice the size of the inside you had on the Majesty, plus you will have a balcony, big bonus in our book! BTW, if you ever go on the Voyager class, Serenade will definately seem small in comparison and the Freedom is even larger!!!

Enjoy, you are on our favorite ship.

Bruce

Archived