HAL air question

DaveOKC

I know that if I book my air through HAL that they guarantee getting me to the ship at the next port if my flight is delayed and I miss the sailing.

Now, in this case, we are leaving from Long Beach, CA and have two sea days and then our first port is Puerto Vallarta. If I miss the sailing, what will HAL do for me and what will my responsibilities be (hotel rooms for 3 nights, meals, transportation, etc.)?

Please walk me though what to expect.

I know that if I book my air through HAL that they guarantee getting me to the ship at the next port if my flight is delayed and I miss the sailing.

Now, in this case, we are leaving from Long Beach, CA and have two sea days and then our first port is Puerto Vallarta. If I miss the sailing, what will HAL do for me and what will my responsibilities be (hotel rooms for 3 nights, meals, transportation, etc.)?

Please walk me though what to expect.

When are you Cruising? I didn’t think HAL cruised out of Long Beach, only San Diego. Which is confusing as to why you would be flying into Long Beach. That’s several hours away from the San Diego port.

20 cruises and counting!

Excellent question, Dave.

All I can find is the "Next port protection": HAL will take care of any flight changes necessary to join the ship at the next available port.

I hope some pax who have had to use this explain what happened, in detail.

When are you Cruising? I didn’t think HAL cruised out of Long Beach, only San Diego. Which is confusing as to why you would be flying into Long Beach. That’s several hours away from the San Diego port.

20 cruises and counting!

January on the Amsterdam - Panama Canal - out of Los Angeles/San Pedro actually.

January on the Amsterdam - Panama Canal - out of Los Angeles/San Pedro actually.

Cool! Then Long Beach is a great airport. Much easier than LAX and an easy freeway trip to the port. If that’s what HAL is arranging, you’ll be fine. We’ve booked air through HAL on three cruises and have never had an issue. They were great with my sister when she got caught up in the Delta Airlines cancellations the night before her Northern Isles Cruise in 2016. They were on the phone with her all night getting her new flights to Amsterdam. And they helped me with lost luggage in Amsterdam even though I didn’t book flights through them. So their flight people are great! But you may want to check with HAL on your specific question just in case. I’m not sure what they would do with two sea days before your first port if you should miss the boat. But I really don’t think you need to worry.

20 cruises and counting!