Private guides in Oslo and Copenhagen?

DH and I just booked aboard Sapphire Princess departing September 1. I’m now scrambling to plan everything in a short period of time. We prefer to take private tours in port to have more flexibility. Has anyone used a private guide that they can recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did a Baltic cruise this time last year on the Celebrity Silhouette. In Oslo, we booked a 4 hour tour with SPB tours that included the Viking Museum and Vigeland Park. You could get around on your own, but it would take some doing as these places are not close together. Vigeland Park is not to be missed IMHO and the Viking Museum is a part of a museum complex where you could spend a lot of time. This tour included the use of a sound system with earbuds, so you didn't feel like you had to be right up next to the guide to be able to hear the commentary.

The ship docks near the center of town so when the tour was over, we walked back into the town square. We found a restaurant across from City Hall and for the price of a couple of drinks, we sat and used the free wifi.

We spent 2 days in Copenhagen so did 2 different tours. The first day, we took a ship tour:eek: called Castles of North Zealand. I couldn't find a private tour that was similar and it was a pretty good tour, there were just too many people.

The second day we did a 3 hour walking tour with Fairy Tale Tours. There were only 6 of us on this tour and we were shown a lot!

Both of these tours were really good and I would recommend either of them.

The ship docks along a long pier and our ship of course docked at the far end. It is about a 1/2 mile walk to the bus stop, but once on the bus you could into the center of town and it's pretty compact. We went to Tivoli Gardens by bus and it stopped right across the street. Taxi's are plentiful and since we left Tivoli after dark( the lights on the sides of the buildings and rides are beautiful!) we took a taxi back to the ship.

If you're interested in seeing the Little Mermaid it's about a 15 minute walk from the ship.

We did a Baltic cruise this time last year on the Celebrity Silhouette. In Oslo, we booked a 4 hour tour with SPB tours that included the Viking Museum and Vigeland Park. You could get around on your own, but it would take some doing as these places are not close together. Vigeland Park is not to be missed IMHO and the Viking Museum is a part of a museum complex where you could spend a lot of time. This tour included the use of a sound system with earbuds, so you didn't feel like you had to be right up next to the guide to be able to hear the commentary.

The ship docks near the center of town so when the tour was over, we walked back into the town square. We found a restaurant across from City Hall and for the price of a couple of drinks, we sat and used the free wifi.

We spent 2 days in Copenhagen so did 2 different tours. The first day, we took a ship tour:eek: called Castles of North Zealand. I couldn't find a private tour that was similar and it was a pretty good tour, there were just too many people.

The second day we did a 3 hour walking tour with Fairy Tale Tours. There were only 6 of us on this tour and we were shown a lot!

Both of these tours were really good and I would recommend either of them.

The ship docks along a long pier and our ship of course docked at the far end. It is about a 1/2 mile walk to the bus stop, but once on the bus you could into the center of town and it's pretty compact. We went to Tivoli Gardens by bus and it stopped right across the street. Taxi's are plentiful and since we left Tivoli after dark( the lights on the sides of the buildings and rides are beautiful!) we took a taxi back to the ship.

If you're interested in seeing the Little Mermaid it's about a 15 minute walk from the ship.

Thank you so much - this was very helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Forums