27N Maritius - Venice March 16, 2019 Costa Victoria

JosieVent

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me, does the cruise ship have a launderette on board that is free to use? And also, do they supply toiletries? Just wondering whether to pack shampoo etc! Sounds a silly question I know but having only travelled on P+O and Royal Caribbean before I don't know!

Magic bag is pre bookable if you want and is circa 19 euro for up to 25 pieces.  I have booked 2 bags. I have used this for tops and tees in the past you just have to roll items to put in bag.  I do underware in my sink! I have a portable washing line that doesn't need pegs. It is great.

I had my connection flights to London cancelled yesterday due to high wind and next flight with availablility is tonight.  Missed connections to Johannesburg and onto Mauritius.  Had to re book now 1day late into Mauritius and shed loads of  extra cash spent to make the new connections! Yikes! Let's hope the new plans work.

Edited by jerseylily

On 2/3/2019 at 4:32 AM, sparkledust61 said:

Thanks - that's really helpful. Think we may end up on the ship tour for Petra but we will see...Eilat I'm a bit stuck on what is best to do. We wanted to fit in both Wadi Rum and Petra so thought we could do one from Eilat, maybe, and the other from Aqaba, but it seems difficult to get across the border to Jordan? And in that case not sure what to do in Eilat - what are your plans? We love history, nature, and cramming as much into a day (i.e. avoiding leisurely lunches and too many organised excursions). Once you hear back on Oman visas would you be able to post on here? It would be very helpful to know.
It looks like there's no actual roll call for our ship though?? Have either of you been on Costa before? We usually do P+O or Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, but the itinerary on this was too wonderful to miss!

Hi,

I'm not on this cruise but we are doing it next year 2020 and just having a quick look.

We have been to Aqaba and have done a Petra tour with a Local company which was absolutely fantastic, couldn't of asked for a better tour. But my sister and her husband did Wadi Rum and Petra in the same tour. Theirs  was longer than ours as they visited Bedouin tribe as well. Be warned that walking back up the Petra road to the bus was exhausting and it wasn't really hot. Its on a slope so can be a bit difficult. Take plenty of water as there's no shade. Dont be afraid of doing a local tour with a reputable  tour company, have a look on tripadvisor they give great advise and you can read the reviews.

Hope this helps

Pauline