Couple of questions about upcoming Anthem cruise

I’m sailing on July 26th in a balcony cabin,

We are more than happy with the accomodation we have chosen but if the chance to upgrade to a suite came along at a good price we would jump on it.

I’ve checked online and there are still a number of suites avaialble, all the way from Junior to the Owners suite and all in between.

Could someone give me an idea of the likely hood of something being offered and at what price? It’s been a few years since I sailed Royal and have always taken a balcony but I must admit to noticing on this forum the number of additonal benefits that come with suites, in addition to the increased room size.

Also, we are currently on My Time Dining. I’ve never done this before. I’m currently wait listed for traditional (late).

If I get what I’m wait listed for, when will I find out.

If I become stuck on My Time, what’s the plan? Can I just book in the morning each day the time we fancy eating or do I need to think about it now.

Thanks

... Also, we are currently on My Time Dining. I’ve never done this before. I’m currently wait listed for traditional (late).

If I get what I’m wait listed for, when will I find out.

If I become stuck on My Time, what’s the plan? Can I just book in the morning each day the time we fancy eating or do I need to think about it now.

Thanks

You will not get notified if you clear the wait list. You can find out yourself by checking your Cruise Planner periodically, or just find out when you get your SeaPass card. Your dining room and type of dining will be listed there.

If you stay with My Time, you can make reservations now, on board, or none at all and just show up when you want to eat.

We had My Time dining on Anthem. There are three lines for those with reservations and one line for those without. The actual time of your reservation seems to be irrelevant, although we were generally close to our reserved time. Getting a table is crazy to watch - there are a bunch of people with headsets/phones trying to figure out the tables. It was amazingly disorganized. Depending on when you show up, you may be seated in one of the traditional dining rooms or in one of the my time dining rooms. Once we were seated, it was fine, although we seemed to get better service in the actual my time dining rooms.

I was on the Anthem a couple of weeks ago. I had Traditional Dining, but was speaking with a couple who were huge cheerleaders for My Time Dining. They didn't make any reservations, just showed up when they wanted to.

Our waiter (in Traditional Dining) told us, if we were going to be late to notify him ahead of time or send a member of our party to hold our table. Once Traditional Dining guests are 30 minutes late, their table can be made available for My Time Dining guests.

I can see how the previous poster may have felt the service was a bit better in the My Time Dining section because, although I saw our waiters doing their best to give great service to the new guests, they still were working with the timing of everyone in the sections' meals . They are professionals and do their best. I never saw anything less than great service, but I can understand how it could feel that way.

We had My Time dining on Anthem. There are three lines for those with reservations and one line for those without. The actual time of your reservation seems to be irrelevant, although we were generally close to our reserved time. Getting a table is crazy to watch - there are a bunch of people with headsets/phones trying to figure out the tables. It was amazingly disorganized. Depending on when you show up, you may be seated in one of the traditional dining rooms or in one of the my time dining rooms. Once we were seated, it was fine, although we seemed to get better service in the actual my time dining rooms.

If you were seated in a traditional dining room, were you still given a table big enough, or small enough, for just your party? In other words, did you have to sit with others?

If you were seated in a traditional dining room, were you still given a table big enough, or small enough, for just your party? In other words, did you have to sit with others?

The table was just the four of us, although once we got a table for four in one of the traditional dining rooms that was stuffed into a space that should not have a table at all. It was right where the waiters brought out the food carts and my husband had his chair bumped through the whole meal. I really hope some poor family was not assigned that table as their regular table!

The table was just the four of us, although once we got a table for four in one of the traditional dining rooms that was stuffed into a space that should not have a table at all. It was right where the waiters brought out the food carts and my husband had his chair bumped through the whole meal. I really hope some poor family was not assigned that table as their regular table!

That sounds awful! Thanks for the info!

I had such a terrible experience with MTD on Anthem on the first night of the cruise. We had a reservation and we still waited over 30 minutes to be seated. The line for reservations had about 30 or more people in it. I heard that it was typical for the first night. Lesson learned. I am pretty sure I'll stick to traditional dining, but no more MTD on the first night of the cruise!