Hellesylt for only 2 hours?

Someone out there is bound to have a good answer for me....

I am looking at The Sapphire Princess Norwegian Fjords cruise next Summer (July '19).

The current itinerary shows two 'port' stops on the same day. Hellesylt from 8-10am, and then Geiranger from 12-6pm. Is the stop in/at Hellesylt really only 2 hrs? Is it really a stop? or is it a transit thru one fjord to the other?

Basically - it is to let people off for tours. If you are not on a tour, you will continue on to Gerianger. The tours that are offered in Hellesylt are all day tours and then return to the ship.

I haven't been there yet but will be there this month.

Someone out there is bound to have a good answer for me....

I am looking at The Sapphire Princess Norwegian Fjords cruise next Summer (July '19).

The current itinerary shows two 'port' stops on the same day. Hellesylt from 8-10am, and then Geiranger from 12-6pm. Is the stop in/at Hellesylt really only 2 hrs? Is it really a stop? or is it a transit thru one fjord to the other?

Hellesylt is a 'technical' stop to let off passengers going overland on tours to Geiranger and is usually very quick, other passengers don't get the chance to get off there.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

As others have said, it's just a drop off for overland excursions.

The good part is that the ship will then sail on to Gerainger, through some beautiful scenery, and you will be awake to enjoy it!

Sadly some if the best scenery is passed early in the morning before anyone is awake, although you do get to see it on the return journey. So get a good seat with a view when you get to Hellesylt and enjoy the ride!