Princess shuttle from Hamburg to the City Center

Hello, we'll be visiting Hamburg in September and were wondering if anyone know if Princess has a shuttle that takes you to the city center. If not, is there any shops that are a short distance from the port that we cold walk to. Thank You

What shops you are looking for?

if you are dock in Altona you can use the harbour ferrys to the Landungsbrücken and then the metro. Or you can walk to metro station Königsstraße ( print a map before, or with mobil phone, it is not far but not easy to find ).

For example you can walk to the Landungsbrücken, Miniatur-Wunderland ( must see in hamburg, make ticket reservation online before ) and Elbphilharmonie. If you want to go shopping the metro station Jungfernstieg with the town hall and Alster ( Lake/River) is a good start.

What shops you are looking for?

if you are dock in Altona you can use the harbour ferrys to the Landungsbrücken and then the metro. Or you can walk to metro station Königsstraße ( print a map before, or with mobil phone, it is not far but not easy to find ).

For example you can walk to the Landungsbrücken, Miniatur-Wunderland ( must see in hamburg, make ticket reservation online before ) and Elbphilharmonie. If you want to go shopping the metro station Jungfernstieg with the town hall and Alster ( Lake/River) is a good start.

Thanks for your reply, we mainly just wanted to know if there are souvenir shops or cafes close to the port as my DH has a little problem walking very far.

Ok. Shops Not, some Bars/Restaurant. Look at the Harbour Ferry. Nr. 62. dockland is Next to the cruise Center. Nr. 62 is a Circle line in the Harbour, Comes about every 15 Minutes. At the Landungsbrücken Are Shops you Are looking for and it is a Tourist hot Spot. The Circle line is Nice to See the Harbour and you can Go out Where you want and take a Next one.

Ok. Shops Not, some Bars/Restaurant. Look at the Harbour Ferry. Nr. 62. dockland is Next to the cruise Center. Nr. 62 is a Circle line in the Harbour, Comes about every 15 Minutes. At the Landungsbrücken Are Shops you Are looking for and it is a Tourist hot Spot. The Circle line is Nice to See the Harbour and you can Go out Where you want and take a Next one.

Thanks so much for your information, this is just what we were looking for. I've printed our your reply so we'll have it when we get to Hamburg. :)

maybe one Problem, i think it is not sure that your ship is at the dock in Altona.

http://www.hamburgcruisecenter.eu/de/estimated-ships

they have Altona

https://www.cruisegate-hamburg.de/de/arrivals

they have Hafencity.

With Hafencity the sail away is much nicer, you have to watch.

At Hafencity you can use the metro from Hafencity to Jungfernstieg and see the town hall like i wrote before or take another line to the Landungsbrücken.

Or walk from the ship to the Elbphilharmonie ( big building with glass top, you can go for free up to the plaza, great view) and at the Elbhilharmonie is a ferry line to the Landungbrücken, but don´t know the number ( i think there is only one line, it is not the 62 there ). If you want to know more i´m glad to help.

yes, but the cruisegate homepage have the Royal at the Terminal Hafencity, that i meant.

This is very confusing, the website http://www.hamburgcruisecenter.eu/en/estimated-ships

shows the Royal at Altona, also everyone on our roll call says we'll be at Altona. I think I'll contact Princess and see what they say. Thanks again for the information.

This is very confusing, the website http://www.hamburgcruisecenter.eu/en/estimated-ships

shows the Royal at Altona, also everyone on our roll call says we'll be at Altona. I think I'll contact Princess and see what they say. Thanks again for the information.

I just spoke to Princess and they said the port of Hamburg doesn't make a decision until at least 30 days before we arrive. When they make the decision, we will be listed at the correct terminal. Princess told me if we're still listed at both terminals at the 30 day point to call them back and they'll find out for us. Thanks again for your help, you've given us good suggestions no matter which terminal we're at and we're really looking forward to our first time in Germany.