The Magic 56 - What Will It Be Like To Have a Cabin Along the Magic Carpet?

vtcruising

Stillnoregrets, your cabin is listed as having a 15% obstruction (I am assuming for the obstruction to the right because of the Magic Carpet). As Caymus said, when the MC is below you on 5, it will obstruct the view down.

This is the Edge obstruction list:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/EDGE_Percent_Obstructed_View.pdf

I will give you a summary of my experience and opinions, though I was 7 cabins down, not two:

We found that we rarely were in our cabins on our Edge cruises because there was so much to explore, see and do. The MC only moves a few times a day and one person reported never hearing it or seeing it move when their suite was right inside the track (probably missed it). I was down a few cabins and heard it move 2-3 times in the 2 days I was there. It was brief and was during day hours so didn't disturb us. We did enjoy being near the MC and watching it in action and seeing the different colors at night because it was a novelty. We liked the central location and high up view.

The view from your cabin probably wouldn't bother us too much since we are more straight out view people. We have had things below and things to one side or the other and been okay with our views (we had the bridge block our whole forward view once and still loved the cabin and would book it again). I think the thing that would bother me the most is having the corner suite balcony windows looking over at my cabin window (see picture in post#45). I'm not sure exactly how far in they could see. If it is just the veranda section that is visible, that's not so unusual because many balconies are visible to others from above or from an adjacent cabin (I've been on ships where we could see an entire cabin balcony nearby because we were on a bump out or have been able to see much of a balcony from above). If people can see in further than the veranda though, I would have a harder time dealing with that.

It is a nice location as far as the elevators (half way between) and you are high up so will have a better view because of that. The MC will be an overhang when on 14 or 16.

If after hearing from people here, you want to change cabins, if there are any available, be sure to come back for more advice - we may be able to help you choose a cabin. Otherwise, if you stick with it, I hope you enjoy your cabin and your cruise on the Edge. 🙂

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Stillnoregrets, your cabin is listed as having a 15% obstruction (I am assuming for the obstruction to the right because of the Magic Carpet). As Caymus said, when the MC is below you on 5, it will obstruct the view down.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/EDGE_Percent_Obstructed_View.pdf

I will give you a summary of my experience and opinions, though I was 7 cabins down, not two:

We found that we rarely were in our cabins on our Edge cruises because there was so much to explore, see and do. The MC only moves a few times a day and one person reported never hearing it or seeing it move when their suite was right inside the track (probably missed it). I was down a few cabins and heard it move 2-3 times in the 2 days I was there. It was brief and was during day hours so didn't disturb us. We did enjoy being near the MC and watching it in action and seeing the different colors at night because it was a novelty. We liked the central location and high up view.

The view from your cabin probably wouldn't bother us too much since we are more straight out view people. We have had things below and things to one side or the other and been okay with our views (we had the bridge block our whole forward view once and still loved the cabin and would book it again). I think the thing that would bother me the most is having the corner suite balcony windows looking over at my cabin window (see picture in post#45). I'm not sure exactly how far in they could see. If it is just the veranda section that is visible, that's not so unusual because many balconies are visible to others from above or from an adjacent cabin (I've been on ships where we could see an entire cabin balcony nearby because we were on a bump out or have been able to see much of a balcony from above). If people can see in further than the veranda though, I would have a harder time dealing with that.

It is a nice location as far as the elevators (half way between) and you are high up so will have a better view because of that. The MC will be an overhang when on 14 or 16.

If after hearing from people here, you want to change cabins, if there are any available, be sure to come back for more advice - we may be able to help you choose a cabin. Otherwise, if you stick with it, I hope you enjoy your cabin and your cruise on the Edge. 🙂

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks for the advise. We are going to make the best of it. Now that I understand what to expect going in,it won’t be a surprise and we will be fine! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stillnoregrets said:

Thanks for the advise. We are going to make the best of it. Now that I understand what to expect going in,it won’t be a surprise and we will be fine! 

With that kind of attitude, I would bet that you will have a wonderful cruise! 🙂 I hope that you will come back and review your cabin and the Edge.

FYI, some people on Cruise Critic have reported getting some compensation for the obstructed cabins that are on the list (though not sure if it was just for the more seriously obstructed cabins).