Concierge class on Celebrity

RCCruisin

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RCCruisin:

Ok, I don't get it. How do the new concierge class cabins on selected Celebrity ships not have balconies when they used too??? Am I just totally confused???

Chris<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which ships are you referring to that don't have balconies when they used to? Horizon and Zenith don't have balconies--never had balconies (but might in the future after drydock). Century has balconies on the suite cabins. All the other ships have balconies.

Which ship and cabin number are you confused about? We're here to help icon_biggrin.gif

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

None of the Century CC cabins have verandas.

03/03 Carnival Spirit/Panama Canal/17 days

03/04 Norweigan Dream Transatlantic/Europe/17 nights

07/04 Celebrity/ Century/Caribbean/7 nights

09/04 Celebrity Summit/Alaska/14 nights

12/04 Celebrity Mercury/Mexico/10 nights

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm generally not a complainer, it's not in my nature. :D But my husband and I booked a CC cabin on Mercury for our Alaska cruise. We were delighted at the prospect of all the "goodies" we were going to receive, not to mention to upgraded service. What a joke!

Our cabin steward came by so infrequently he never learned our names (until he was ready for his gratuity). We had to ask for replenishments of towels and toiletries. Our bed didn't get made each day until late afternoon and one time we even caught him watching TV in our cabin! Fresh fruit? Uh yeah--on the first day, not so fresh by the 7th! Pillow menu? I think not. We had to beg for an extra. :(

We had the worst cabin we've ever had on a cruise. The balcony was a bit larger--but the room backed up to the basketball court. Several times during the cruise we were kept awake until the wee hours by inconsiderate players bouncing the ball and smacking the wall of our cabin. We asked security to put a stop to it, but this never happened.

I learned my lesson: spring for the balcony cabin, or upgrade to the suite, but NOT for the CC treatment. Unfortunately, I've heard other similar horror stories. Buyer beware! Hope you have much better luck than we did! :)

Archived